Sign in to follow this  
hgbn

Just wonder which scale?

I have read Julhems great tutorial on making an F-101. Great stuff :ok: It made me wonder if I could do something like that myself. Which scale are the correct in those addons, I mean if you are are going to create a single engined fighter it's no good it will be the size of an B-52 in the game?????

The scale is simply 1:1. If you want to build something wich is 5.342 meters in reality, your model has to be 5.342 meters. Of course you have to set 3ds scale to use metric system.

Okay, this made sense. Then you can do everything if you want to, it's only skill and time devoted to a project whats matters.

Well, almost. :biggrin:

Of course it´s mainly skill and time (and more time, and more time... :tongue: ), but you have to respect some rules.

3ds MAX Exporter Notes

The ultimate recource for beginning.

Now I've got a lot of reading to do before I start anything, so I dont end up with a big mesh :wink:

Well, almost. :biggrin:

Of course it´s mainly skill and time (and more time, and more time... :tongue: ), but you have to respect some rules.

3ds MAX Exporter Notes

The ultimate recource for beginning.

Thank's for posting that link, missed it so far.

Thank's for posting that link, missed it so far.

You´re welcome.

Just a small word to it. It´s still up to date, except maybe the poly count numbers shown there.

It´s from 2001 i believe, so on hardware limitations they made a borderline at about 5000 polygons.

But today, many guys got newer systems, wich can handle much more. There are great addons out

(or on the way) wich use up to 20k polys.

So you don´t need to keep this at all. If you are not satisfied and would need a bit more than 5000,

there´s no problem to do so. :wink: