Sign in to follow this  

I've been working on my Martlets (Mk I/II/III). Each will have its own DATA.ini to change the number, position and ammunition of the guns and whether the wings fold or not.

Now I know, if you extract a file from the objects.cat that the game will read the extracted file in preference. But can you use this for individual skins? If I write a DATA.ini for the Martlet MkI and put it in the appropriate skin file, will the game read it? Or do you have to have a DATA.ini file in the aircraft's folder?

If this works then it would allow a mixed flight of MkI and Mk IIIs by just selecting skins, rather than setting up separate installs for each aircraft.

Any ideas?

LloydNB

AFAIK, the data ini has to be in each one. (tried this one with the RAF mustangs ... definately didn't work! - like pilot skins, it only selects what's called in teh data ini)

So, what the biggie? We just get 3 new Martlets, each with their own skin. I can live with that!! :ok:

Wrench

kevin stein

Hi Wrench

Yeah, I'll just have to include advice in the Readme on how to copy the F4F-4 folder, rename it Martlet I, II or III and make the other necessary changes. It just would have been more simple the other way.

I do know the FAA serial numbers that were allocated to each Mk. If anyone has good information about which aircraft (FAA serial numbers) were allocated to each squadron and which aircraft code letter went with each serial number, I'd really appreciate it. Otherwise I'll just make it up.

Thanks

LloydNB

Take a look at the readme for the -3 mod I did.

NOTE:

== THIS IS NOT A FULL VERSION - YOU _MUST_ HAVE THE ORIGINAL F4F-4 INSTALLED TO COPY FILES FROM ==

This mod is very similiar to the Israeli and British Tomcat's I created eariler this year. It is designed to be used as a stand-alone, and not just a reskining of the original.

That is to say -- it a new airplance, based on an existing one, with some slight ini mods.

That having been said, what you'll find in this package is:

Wildcat_dash3_readme.txt (this file)

F4F-3.ini

F4F-4_DATA.INI

F4F-3_LOADOUT.INI

Wildcat3_Hangar.bmp (made especially for this mod)

2 Skin folders:

VF3

VF42

What you DO NOT have, and will need to copy over are:

F4F-4.LOD

F4F-4_OO1.LOD

F4F-4_002.LOD

F4F-4_shadow.SHD

F4F-4_loading.bmp

F4F-4_cockpit.ini

"Cockpit" folder

You create zips for each of the aircraft, with EVERYTHING included, excepting the lods, and just tell the end user which ones (lods) to copy over.

This way, they have the full aircraft, with all the inis, skins, whathaveyous, and just have to move the physical model parts.

Much eaiser.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench

I had planned on something similar.

I have just some fiddling to do with the Mk I - the location of the lighting effect for the inner guns and the shell ejection, and then getting the opacity of the panel lines just right for each skin. With the family around for Xmas, it might not be until the New Year that I release it.

The Mk III is coming along nicely and I should get to start the Mk II shortly.

LloydNB