Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

I made captain

I finally made 'captain' in FSP for British Airways. Since I 'fly' for a variety of sim airlines the hours flown for B.A. is only a fraction of my overall flight time and as I don't count these hours it came as a bit of a nice surprise especially as the flight was one of my favourites Innsbruck to Heathrow in PMDG's virtually perfect Boeing 737-440. This can be a bit tricky if you fly down runway 27 in the dark. The mountains come up rather fast so you have to climb out max and bank away or its 'curtains' for virtual you,your virtual passengers and flight crew. They're then mincemeat :biggrin:

Yes I crashed the first time but learnt from it.

Just thought you'd all like to know!

I know it's not 'combat flying' but hey it's nice to fly commercials from time to time when your not being shot at or blown up .

congrats! I used to belong to a virtual airline called Delaware Air, it was really cool and a lot of fun

:clapping:

Congrats, do you use FS Pax on your flights too? that can make for interesting flying sessions.

:clapping:

Congrats, do you use FS Pax on your flights too? that can make for interesting flying sessions.

Yes I use both FDC and FSP every flight. As you might have guessed from my other posts and stuff on this site I like to do it 'professionally' so to speak so I use Navgraph charts and fly a proper virtual airline flight plan and procedural approach except at Heathrow even with the Justflight's Traffic 2005 and their A.I smoothing of other flights the FS9 ATC gets in a right mess with directing every flight to land so if you want to stay within your fuel limits things can get a bit fraught but I usually manage to get down in between the A.I. landings!

I'm currently experimenting to increase FPS by de-commissioning parts of the add-on scenery ( I have a good many airports some of which are completely amazing and so realistic you would think 'you're there' ) to see if say Stanstead and Gatwick are temporarily removed you can get a smoother landing at Heathrow with the scenery sliders up to near max. I tried this today and it works but I'm not quite sure how many airports removed will effectively increase the FPS. Basically it's a question of how far out the FS9 draws the scenery and what has an improving effect. I guess this will be different for individual installations but if anyone has some rules of thumb I would appreciate their input. I use a max of 20 FPS and scenery up to very dense. This gives me 8-10 FPS on approach to the big airports.

I finally made 'captain' in FSP for British Airways. Since I 'fly' for a variety of sim airlines the hours flown for B.A. is only a fraction of my overall flight time and as I don't count these hours it came as a bit of a nice surprise especially as the flight was one of my favourites Innsbruck to Heathrow in PMDG's virtually perfect Boeing 737-440. This can be a bit tricky if you fly down runway 27 in the dark. The mountains come up rather fast so you have to climb out max and bank away or its 'curtains' for virtual you,your virtual passengers and flight crew. They're then mincemeat :biggrin:

Yes I crashed the first time but learnt from it.

Just thought you'd all like to know!

I know it's not 'combat flying' but hey it's nice to fly commercials from time to time when your not being shot at or blown up .

Congratulations. It is the pinnicle of the profession, right!