Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

New Guinea 2 WW2 Terrain Targets Upgrade Pak

New Guinea 2 WW2 Terrain Targets Upgrade Pak

New Guinea 2 Terrain Upgrade: For WW2 PTO mods

This mod is a relatively large upgrade to Edward's WW2 New Guinea 2 (the full sized version) terrain. What I've done is add several new targets and target areas, and replaced several airfields with a newly repainted "desert airfiled 1", which is now a medium dirt runway. You'll also have a new "Runway7", which is a partly-paved version of Airfield6, thereby creating a NEW airfield. The 'new' target areas are enhancements of already existing ones -- I've just added some more things there to make it look a little more populated. There are a couple of new parked planes, based of existing ones, hex-edited and reskinned for their proper users.

This is a very 'target rich' environment -- there are plenty of items for strike and anti-shipping missions. It is also fairly well defended - so watch out for the flak.

It has been tested in SF, WoV and WoE, using their cats pointed to in the main ini. As the new objects will be residing directly in the terrain folder, you should have no problems. (see the CombatAce Knowledge Base for the tutorial on using the cat pointer line)

You MUST have ALL the Pacific Objects (ground units, ships, AAA, infantry, etc) already installed in you PTO version of the game; otherwise things won't be appearing. This is especially important for the ships -- make sure you have the barges (get both, they're needed in the GO folder), the Liberty ship, and all warships, both Allied and Japanese. Don't forget to check Geo's page for more WW2 goodies ... there's a lot of stuff that's usable (and used!) here as well.

It is also reccomended that you have installed (in this terrain ONLY) CA_Stary's WW2 hangars and buildings. They have a nice worn green wood-ish texture, and look really good in the SoWesPac! Along those linse, I've pulled and repainted several skins for some of the stock buildings as well. You'll see them as you play.

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST, WW2 NATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

= MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WW2 FORMATIONS INI IN YOUR FLIGHT FOLDER =

== MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST WEAPONS PAK FOR THE WW2 WEAPONS!! =

Remember: this is for the LATEST version, "New Guinea2", not the earlier version.

Follow the instructions herein =EXACTLY= and you should have no problems. There are a few new Ground Objects, and reskins of existing. It is also suggested to read my "Other Notes" section for other comments, explinations, and general info.

Happy Hunting!!

Wrench

kevin stein

New Guinea2 :dntknw:

Also known as 'WWII New Guinea Full Scale Terrain'. Check the Terrain downloads. :wink:

Edited by Gocad

Has the territory but the does not function after i addet the new things.

:dntknw:

You did read the 'readme.txt' enclosed, yes??

You do have you NewGuinea2.ini pointing to a terrain cat file, yes???

You might want to take a look at this turorial, especially the part about half way down, concerning the cat pointer line:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12230

Works fine for me in all 3 games...

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes its pointing god CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat , but my territory is called New Guinea only and I have checked that the is the big territory 100% large. :dntknw:

Nope, sorry, Can't be.

The full sized terrain would be in a folder called "newgunea2''. If it called something else, it ain't the right one.

If you don't have a ww2 PTO install of you game, see the Knowledge Base ... there are instructions there for creating them.

Wrench

kevin stein

Where can I find New Guinea2 the territory, the does not exist in downloads department

thanks on for hand

SAD.

Here ya go, bro...

Link -->Full Sized New Guinea 2 Terrain<---Link

Shouldn't have any problems now (me hopes!!) If ya, do let me know

The only one missing from our Terrains section, in the Okinawa map. That's at AvSim, I believe.

Hopefully, I can get permission to upload it here.

Wrench

kevin stein

I had that the map before but the is called New Guinea only after upppackning ,

so I rename all ini the files to New Guinea2 and then it function with your updating.

Thanks so a lot of for the help.

SAD :good: