Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

maybe you already had this discussion...

Wasn't it mentioned at one time in the beginning of Die Hard 2 that alot of traffic was being rerouted to Dulles because of bad weather and that that would have been a reason for the lack of alternatives for the planes circling around above? Of course that still leaves the issue of them having more fuel to circle around than they should, but playing bad advocate, I could state that those planes could have come from nearby airports in the first place, couldn't reach their destination due to bad weather, and would have also no other place to land than Dulles due to bad weather... Although the odds of that happening are incredibly slim...

less than slim...if they were out in maybe Utah and a billion miles to nowhere, there may be a dearth of options...but come on, the Eastern US sea board...one of the busiest conglomeration of air traffic in the world?

It was a silly movie...heck I though the Tomb Raider series was more believable and certainly AJ is more entertaining to see sweat

Let's not forget that I can't believe the "make the planes think ground is at a different altitude" trick would ever work!

Yeah, because ILS does not affect Altimeter readings... or does it? But Sparky, it's unfair to compare BW with AJ, who wouldn't prefer watching AJ "sweat" over anything else??? AJ... *sigh* :nyam:

Back on topic, is there any tentative release date on the second Transformers movie? Is there any guess floating around?

Edited by TX3RN0BILL

I'd say there's a good chance for summer 09. Bay has stated he's "at work" on it, but I don't know if that means anything besides generic pre-production work.

I'm sorry, but I think ST II:TWOK was way better than ST I:TMP.

Unless you like seeing crotch bumps on 40+ year old men...

Seriously though...ST:TMP tried to be too much like 2001 and not enough like some classic TOS.

Not all sequels suck...just most of them.

FastCargo

Actually, TMP was TOO MUCH classic Trek...it was The Changeling! However, it also was supposed to be the pilot for a new ST series. When Star Wars hit it big and everyone jumped on the "me too" wagon, Paramount REdiscovered Star Trek and the film series began.

Remember, though, that they knew TMP wasn't great. That's why Nimoy asked to be written out at the end of ST2. Of course, the film was done so well (it's listed as "the ST film liked by those who aren't ST fans") that Nimoy wanted back in, so Meyer refused to write/direct ST3 because he hated that idea.

I just lament the waste that was ST5. That was a deal they should not have made with Shatner.

You're a little behind my friend.

Goto www.trekmovie.com for all the info....

FastCargo

Bah! ST and SW are totally different. That's like saying "I don't care for ice cream, I always liked steak more!"

I'd still prefer watching B5 over ST - IMHO ST has just too much cheese to make it digestible! :rofl:

I like B5 and BSG more than ST, although I'm rewatching DS9 right now and it was really good at times. Voyager never matched that and Enterprise only became what it should have been the last season, too late to save it.

So another excuse for Kirk to pickup green women-things? No frakkin thanks...

On a different front, since this topic has become a bit of a tangent...DVD copy of ATHF 5 arrived...see you katz !