Sign in to follow this  
vampirella

middle east wars - suez doesn't work

okay, another step into my adventures with WoV.

I went Middle East. From what I see I did nothing wrong, have used a clean updated install to get this mod into. I have applied all the stuff from the readme (maybe I did something wrong here but I double checked can't find it).

The Seuz campaign doens't work.

the other two do.

when I start a seuz campaign I get to teh point of the first mission loading and at aprx. 80% the whole game shuts itself down.

I tried different planes and units but result was the same.

as said, 6 days and Yom kippur start okay, singel mission does also work, even when I select a plane from the suez aera.

it doesn't matter if install is v1.0 or 1.1, so anything that changes with the update is likely ruled out. it has to be soemthing that was there from the beginning.

is there an Error log taht can tell what the error is? Haven't found one yet.

does anyone have the same troubles maybe?

thanks guys.

when I start a seuz campaign I get to teh point of the first mission loading and at aprx. 80% the whole game shuts itself down.

I tried different planes and units but result was the same.

as said, 6 days and Yom kippur start okay, singel mission does also work, even when I select a plane from the suez aera.

it doesn't matter if install is v1.0 or 1.1, so anything that changes with the update is likely ruled out. it has to be soemthing that was there from the beginning.

First of all, make sure that you have enabled only 1 campaign, i.e. just the Suez campaign and not the 6 Days War or Yom Kippur.

Second, could you please see if you can select the year 1956 in the single missions screen?

First of all, make sure that you have enabled only 1 campaign, i.e. just the Suez campaign and not the 6 Days War or Yom Kippur.

Second, could you please see if you can select the year 1956 in the single missions screen?

answer to both is yes. i know the Mod manager and know what it's doing here.

as said, a single mission of the suez aera worked but I can't start the campaign.

what is the sequence of loading? what is being processed when the bar reaches 80%?

( I come from Il2, it tells you what is currently loaded and usually gives you error messages and has an error log... I miss this stuff dearly with WoV)

what is the sequence of loading? what is being processed when the bar reaches 80%?

I don't know. Can you see what dll file the error message refers to? When the error message appears "This program has encountered etc", it usually mentions campaign.dll or groundobjects.dll.

As far as I know, groundobjects.dll is probably an error with the installation (ground object missing or misplaced).

Campaign.dll could be anything from an error with the terrain or the campaign file itself.

I don't know. Can you see what dll file the error message refers to? When the error message appears "This program has encountered etc", it usually mentions campaign.dll or groundobjects.dll.

As far as I know, groundobjects.dll is probably an error with the installation (ground object missing or misplaced).

Campaign.dll could be anything from an error with the terrain or the campaign file itself.

WoV does just close without any error message. my initial question was about any error log file within the program that could give me a hint what was wrong. If there is an error log file, please point me to it.

I pointed out an analogy to Il2: sturmovik which provides usually helpful error messages and an error log both of which I could not find in WoV.

WoV does just close without any error message. my initial question was about any error log file within the program that could give me a hint what was wrong. If there is an error log file, please point me to it.

No error message at all? Are you using WinXP?

I think there is an error.log in the root game directory, but I have to check this (I'm not at home at this moment).

But I'm afraid I am running out of ideas...

No error message at all? Are you using WinXP?

I think there is an error.log in the root game directory, but I have to check this (I'm not at home at this moment).

But I'm afraid I am running out of ideas...

yep, teh game just crashes without notice.

okay, I thought I looked in the amin directory but maybe I missed the error.log in the heat of the battle, I had to get away fast... (memo: don't run tests when the partner is waiting already to go to the movies...)

I am not at home either, I will let you know if the file is there and what it says.

According to TK 60 is where the terrain loads, and 80% is where the objects start to load. (see thread here)

So it looks like there may be something wrong with the ground objects, since your aircraft appear to work OK. Could you send a screenshot of the contents your GroundObject folder? Have you installed any other mods apart from the MidEastWars pack?

According to TK 60 is where the terrain loads, and 80% is where the objects start to load. (see thread here)

So it looks like there may be something wrong with the ground objects, since your aircraft appear to work OK. Could you send a screenshot of the contents your GroundObject folder? Have you installed any other mods apart from the MidEastWars pack?

here is ascreen of my groundobjects.

no, no other mod in this install.

post-21740-1202740830_thumb.jpg

okay.... I think i got it, i rechecked all the objects installations and it seems I made a mistake with the pasko_desert_pak file.

I wonder why the other campains worked then... but anyway, now Suez 56 can be started!

i hope it holds.

thanks for pointing the direction with objects!

:)

okay.... I think i got it, i rechecked all the objects installations and it seems I made a mistake with the pasko_desert_pak file.

I wonder why the other campains worked then... but anyway, now Suez 56 can be started!

i hope it holds.

thanks for pointing the direction with objects!

:)

Glad you got it to work!

It's possible that the other campaigns don't use pasko's desert pack, that would explain.

so many files... quite easy to miss something. also not everything available exactly as in your very very apealing pdf readme.

thanks for your work on this mod!

Might also be that he needs to rename the desert.cat file for the terrain. , lol nevermind then

Edited by Jarhead1

so many files... quite easy to miss something. also not everything available exactly as in your very very apealing pdf readme.

thanks for your work on this mod!

Well, that was written over a year ago, so I imagine some of the D/L links are dead now :(

delete the KS-60 folder and see what happens...

there was a problem with the lod used for this AAA, a hierachy conflict with a stock lod or something...