Sign in to follow this  
FastCargo

While flying back from Midland

Now, before anyone says anything, I'm not condoning or condemning anyones particular belief system. I just wanted to point out something I saw today.

We were flying back from Midland airport (visited the CAF muesum...some nice additions since I was there last) at about 3000 feet, passing south of San Angelo.

We had the old Pave Paws installation in sight and were steering south when we saw this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YFZ_Ranch

The 'main building' if you want to call it that was huge! That's why it stood out from all the scrub in that area and caught our attention.

We ended up circling around it once (stayed some distance away so we didn't alarm the 'black helocopter' crowd). The compound in general is huge...I wish I had my camera.

I've flown over actual towns that were physically smaller...

Anyway, to get an idea of what I was looking at:

http://web.sccn2.net/flds/01-25-06.htm

Again, not making a judgement on their beliefs, just pointing out that it was unusual to see...and very distinctive.

FastCargo

(visited the CAF muesum.

a place that I've always wanted to visit - hope that you took plenty of pics.

My only question is why does the museum have to be in Midland? Midland? San Antonio, Houston, Austin. Hell even El Paso (Where i got stuck for 5 months for Hawk Missile Operator School) would have been better.

Good for Buddy Holly fans too though.

If I ever get there I'll be going to Lubbock as well.

I knew a guy who lived there and in Odessa for 3 years. He then moved back to FL and was glad. :grin: