Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

No Tire Touch Noise

Like the title says, I noticed that I wasn't getting the tire touch sound when landing. The file is in sounds folder, but I'm not hearing it. I looked through the aircraft data files, and the flightengine.ini file and didn't see any reference to the tire touch sound.

In what .ini is the tire touch sound called out? I need to check to see if I changed something...

Thanks!

Anybody? I searched and didn't see a fix for this anywhere. I could have sworn that up until recently I was hearing. I'm pretty sure it was there when landing with the Harrier...

Is the problem with a specific aircraft or with every aircraft in the game?

In the specific aircraft data.ini under sounds.....

You should see ....

LandingSoundName=TireTouch

or whatever sound you want to be yours

In the specific aircraft data.ini under sounds.....

You should see ....

LandingSoundName=TireTouch

or whatever sound you want to be yours

Funny...that entry isn't on ANY of my aircraft, add on or stock...?

I added it to one aircraft, and it worked. So that's good...

But it's going to take a while to add it to all of em.... :(

I'm still curious as to why it went away in the first place...

I don't suppose something can be added to the aircraftobject.ini to make a universal change, can it?

Edited by malibu43

Under [baseSoundType] in my 'AircraftObject.ini' file there is an entry 'LandingSoundName=TireTouch'. I assume if you have the same entry, and you still don't get the tiretouch sounds, you'll have to do aircraft-by-aircraft .ini edits.

Under [baseSoundType] in my 'AircraftObject.ini' file there is an entry 'LandingSoundName=TireTouch'. I assume if you have the same entry, and you still don't get the tiretouch sounds, you'll have to do aircraft-by-aircraft .ini edits.

I don't have [baseSoundType] in my AircraftObject.ini file. What do I need to add to get it to work?

Should I add:

[baseSoundType]

LandingSoundName=TireTouch'

???

Good grief man just try it. If it doesn't work delete it.

LMFAO!!!! :rofl: Charlie Brown came to mind when i read that! :rofl:

Good grief man just try it. If it doesn't work delete it.

Alright, alright. I apologize. I had internet access (and a few beers...) but not access to my game install when I posted that. I was being a little impatient...

I tried adding that entry, but it still didn't work. I then remembered that I have an OTC install that is just WOE patched up with OTC on top of it (no other add-ons). The aircraftobject.ini in OTC had the [baseobjectsound] section with all sorts of sounds, including the tire touch. I dropped that .ini in to my WOE\objects folder and replaced the other one that was in there. All works fine now!

Thanks for the help!

While we're on the subject of sounds, does anyone know what the correct entry to the [basesoundfile] section of the aircraftobject.ini is to get the "bombrelease" wave to work?

I tried BombReleaseSoundName=, but that didn't work.

Thanks!