Sign in to follow this  
Stwa

WW2 Weapons Pack

Is there any Weapons Pack that contains JUST the WW2 weapons? :dntknw:

Which would be a great thing to do.

(That has nothing to do with the fact that I've just spend a considerable amount of time to separate those WWII weapons from the 'modern' weapons recently. Absolutely not.) :rolleyes:

Which would be a great thing to do.

(That has nothing to do with the fact that I've just spend a considerable amount of time to separate those WWII weapons from the 'modern' weapons recently. Absolutely not.) :rolleyes:

Then STWA says, YOU must publish this work immediately. :clapping:

Actually, guys. I'd hold off a bit...continue to use the overly bloated Pak as it stands....

When the new patches come out, EVERYTHING in the old pak (Bunys and TMF) will need rebilding. I know the TMF Pak is probably NOT going to support the WW2 stuff (which is ok), so eventually, a new one will be needed.

The problem goes back to years and nations availibitlties...Buny had 'era specifc' paks, the concept really didn't work out. Now, mind you, for the 22 or 23 of use using it for JUST WW2 stand-alone installs, it may be a good idea to drege back up.

Been experimenting with a 'Historic" WoI install, 1948-present and beyond. The props FMs are also going to need a major revamping; importing the needed ww2/post war weapons for Isreal and the Arab nations poses no real problem...they seem to work a little better actualy...but it's still kinda early to tell.

Wrench

kevin stein

Then STWA says, YOU must publish this work immediately. :clapping:

post-22093-1203949754_thumb.jpg

Here you can see why I wouldn't even dare to think about doing so... :rolleyes:

Anybody know which texture is used for Tank075_P51 or the 60lb rocket?

Yes.

"Sams.bmp"

"Drop_tanks_WWII.bmp"

Wrench

kevin stein

Thats OK guys,

I just went thru the thing and ripped out every weapon with a start date older than 1945. Then I got rid of the bmps and lods that werent needed anymore.

Next, I think I am going to tie everthing back to stock effects if that is possible, so I can pare down the number of files in the effects folder.

Also, I did the sound folder, that was easy.

Minimize, minimize, minimize, its fun...

Thats OK guys,

I just went thru the thing and ripped out every weapon with a start date older than 1945. Then I got rid of the bmps and lods that werent needed anymore.

And? Was it not fun to do that youself? :wink:

Speaking of WWII installs, can somebody explain me why a plane can be either available before or after 1945? I.e. 1945-2020 or 1942-1945, but not 1942-2020? At least that is what I have seen so far...

Edited by Gocad

Next, I think I am going to tie everthing back to stock effects if that is possible, so I can pare down the number of files in the effects folder.

I heartily agree with work on a WW2 Weapons pack, but I would sorely miss CA_Stary's WW2 era effects. Couldn't go back to stock tracers for my WW2 installs.

Cheers,

Baltika

I heartily agree with work on a WW2 Weapons pack, but I would sorely miss CA_Stary's WW2 era effects. Couldn't go back to stock tracers for my WW2 installs.

Cheers,

Baltika

Oh I don't know, some of the custom effects do look good. Sometimes I get carried away with the minimize thing. As a programmer, I would always keep minimizing, reducing, trying to make the code-line as small as possible. Sometimes its counterproductive.