Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI Historic Mods Thread

Crusader,

Thanks. I accidentally deleted part of the paint file last night, but have managed to get things back together. Moral of the story: don't talk to your cat as you negotiate files! :blink:

Just to let everyone know, the Isreal2 rebuild for WoI I did in March this year, has gone back into the hangar to fix the terrain issues we've been experiencing.

I also plan to make several other enhancements and corrections, so expect the ENTIRE terrain, all inclusive, to be released sometime in the very near future. It will TOTALLY replace the one now available in the D/L section. Yes, it includes all the tiles, city block tods, and hms and everything and such like.

Hope to have a few screenies up soon

Wrench

kevin stein

Hinch,

Which year are you modelling the Eagle for?

Skippy,

Right now, given the plan I'm working from, she'll be as completed in 1951 (with axial deck). If I have the time and there's interest, I might come up with a flight deck scheme to represent her as she was at Suez. For now though, she'll have to serve in her earlier guise.

great boat Hinch ! :ph34r:

a Suez version ... yes ... will be handy sometime in '09 for that WOI Suez add-on ...

A final shot of Eagle before testing gets underway. Mapping and painting ain't my (piano)forte..... so a couple of slight glitches I've been fighting..... will remain glitches. Along with a bit of mesh I wish I'd built differently before the painting...... but hey, I know now........ and I'm not going back, as I don't have the enthusiasm....... or time.

R05-2.jpg

looks great! no glitches for me... :ph34r: .. cool boat... with lots of guns... will make a terrific flak curtain

looks great! no glitches for me... :ph34r: .. cool boat... with lots of guns... will make a terrific flak curtain

Yeah, well don't look too closely. Anyway, out in 2 weeks! :biggrin:

Glad to hear Hinch. BTW, are you going to update your other ships by chance?

Glad to hear Hinch. BTW, are you going to update your other ships by chance?

I really don't have the time to take on any updates for most of the old stuff. Put them down as juvenilia...... for now at least.

Hinch,

Just been looking at a picture of the Eagle in '56 (a real picture stuck on someone's wall, yes they still exist) and as far as I can tell the angled deck basically consists of someone painting a couple of lines on the deck a bit skewed! Is that the only difference, or did they actually do some metal bashing too?

Hinch,

Just been looking at a picture of the Eagle in '56 (a real picture stuck on someone's wall, yes they still exist) and as far as I can tell the angled deck basically consists of someone painting a couple of lines on the deck a bit skewed! Is that the only difference, or did they actually do some metal bashing too?

They blanked out the forward port 4.5" guns, removed some of the port AA and extended the deck a little to accommodate the 'angle'................ as well as rearranging the arrestor cables aft. So nothing drastic, but I'd have to add something to the edge of the deck......................... or more likely, just do a quick paint job and move the cables.

R-95 Arromanches

Comming soon...

Arromanches_2.jpg

Arromanches_flag.jpg

Arromanches.jpg

Thanks to Hinch for models (Bulwark/Albion (beta), help and permissions :yes:

OK

"Soon" is here... :biggrin:

Thanks to Dave for approval.

Get her here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7991

It is not easy land with awsome TMF Corsair (F4U-7) on her deck (Corsair has long nose). Land from curve approach (approach speed cca 95 kts). Touch her deck somewhere between first 9 arrester cables - see first pic in previous post (there are another cables too, but it is not very safe try hit those another cables). If you miss first 9 cables (ussally hight speed and after touch you jumped) give full throttle and get out on another approach round.

Landing on small R96 La Fayette (or USS Sicily) with Corsair is muuuuuch harder :biggrin:

Wish you many exciting actions and landings :wink:

Edited by kukulino