Sign in to follow this  
Brainless

CTD

I'm getting CTD or rather the Microsoft error message when clicking the fly button using the 'Army Co-operation' default selection. I've been all day re-installing/messing with files etc. to no avail. The sim works fine in a strike mission created from the mission building facility and all the other selections work, except the default 'Army co-operation'. Has anybody else had this or know what the problem is?

I have never experienced with any of the other Thirdwire series so I'm at a bit of a loss on this one!

I get a CTD when I hit accept on the mission selection screen. It seems to be aircraft specific as some work and others don't. Its stock A/C only so far and not all the stock A/C. :dntknw:

I get a CTD when I hit accept on the mission selection screen. It seems to be aircraft specific as some work and others don't. Its stock A/C only so far and not all the stock A/C. :dntknw:

Thanks guys . Game is First Eagles. I just looked on the Thirdwire site and apparently this is a known issue going back to October 2007. I would have thought this would have been sorted by now but can't find anyone who has a resolution. Guess we will have to wait for the next patch unless someone comes up with an answer before that. I've tried all the usual antidotes but nothing I do has worked except saving all the original files pre-patch and copying bits back to the Expansion Pack version this stops the CTD but aircraft are misplaced in the air on take off and I think the seasons don't work properly. I've now re-installed again afresh for the fourth time and will wait for the next patch.

Thanks for responding...patience is a virtue. :biggrin: