Sign in to follow this  

I just installed WoE and could wait to jump into the Harrier. Fantastic framerate that's one thing. Possibly it is a different engine than that used by Porject 1 (even with Project 1 patched to the latest patch).

The experience with the Harrier is incredible! But I have a quick one here: why there are tube holes rendered in the Matra rocket pod whereas there are none on the LAU series? Anyway, when it fires, I wish you saw that. Recall that TV documentary about AV-8 in the Falklands? Spectacular visuals, only TK can do it I suppose, brilliant!

Funny thing is that the nozzle which caught me completely out of hand! The last time I played around it was like 13 years ago when I was still a young kid in college. Got Electronic Arts's 1995 product known as USNF. Simulated the Harrier and a whole set of procedure for landing and taking off. Can't recall all of them, things like you had to rotate the nozzle 30 degree and maintain some speed ...etc.

In WoE, what I just did was to get to F6 for the external view and press Ctrl+= and watched the nozzle came down gradually while I cut the gas from the engine. And by the way, what amazed me was the heated air around the mouth of the nozzle was simulated in such details...it was transparent air but you could see them discharing out from the nozzle. THKS TK, you really done a good job in the graphics department!! Back to the landing story. I think I really need more work on this one. Yesterday I read from somewhere or watching YouTube about the landing procedure. It said something like if you fail to manage the vector thrust nozzle, the aircraft will stall and slew sideway then be toppled over and IT CERTAINLY HAPPENED TO ME JUST NOW! OH my God, I wished I had it recored and let you watch it, it was so realistically modelled I mean the crash! First the harrier slewed to the right and then its landing gear disintegrated, this tons of metal sat on its nose for a little less than 2 seconds and its left wing was smashed into the ground followed by the aircraft main frame before it rolled over for a few blocks down in the city and finally it caught fire and exploded. It's really fun watching the animation I can assure you! Oh I think I should try another aircraft now.

Anyway, WoE seems very good as Project 1 does and WoV. How do I migrade the Harrier to WoV? Is it possible at all?

Actually, it's usually as simple as copying the aircraft directory from one sim to another.

I say usually, because all the sims have to be at the same patched level, and certain textures, files, etc, may not make it over if you don't extract them.

An easier way is to do a 'merged' install of WOE and WOV. The WOE installer allows you do this if you already have WOV.

FastCargo

When I installed WoE, it said nothing of the sort: I mean a merge install of WoE and WoV?

Hmmm...odd.

During the install, WoE will look for WoV if you ask it to and will ask if you want to do a 'merged' install.

Unless certain versions of WoE don't do that....

FastCargo

It is so fun to watch a kid with new toys!!

Welcome, Basher. The adventure is only beginning.

That's strange, no such option showed up. But anyway, as far as a merged install is concerned, do we get theatres combined after the "merged installation"?

Yes...in the stock WOV/WOE combo install, all theatres and campaigns are accessible and flyable.

FastCargo

How silly of me! I installed WoE first. No wonder I was not asked about a merged install.

Anyway..I tried the Harrieagain. Is it normal that it doesn't have a radar MFD? There are no MFDs in the cockpit??!!

Remember, WOE simulates aircraft in 1979...a LOT of aircraft back then still did not have MFDs. Including early versions of the Harrier.

FastCargo

By the way guys, I just flew in the A-6 Intruder. And excuse me for my mimicking about the trivials. I find flying the Intruder a lonely man!! :biggrin: Check it out:

img00003.JPG

May I make a suggestion here : if you would make a dummy pilot next to me at least, I really feel lonely travelling long distance you know. Even G-2's Enemy Engaged cares to make one like that, and it is an well animated one! Just a thought.

Edited by Basher11

Heh heh, Told You these games were cool! :biggrin:

If you havent done alot of modding yet just do a quick uninstall and install WOV first then WOE and get the merged install, in a few days you will really want it, because it adds all of WOVs aircraft,campaigns and carriers.

The downloads section has just about anything you could want, the community modders do some amazing work. My current WOE install is 22.9 gigs and i dont have all the mods installed! These sims are very addictive and soon you will be making you own adjustments to the game.

The KB (Knowledge Base) section of the forums will help you alot and if you dont find the answer your looking for there feel free to ask, i am sure someone here can help you.

Welcome to Combat Ace and the Thirdwire Sims! :good: