Sign in to follow this  
Sgt Bayliss

Aircraft Carrier?

Hi everyone I have been reading heaps about some of these mods for this game and Now I am a newbie but where and how do you land on the aircraft carrier??

Cheers

You need to be in a mission that has it (it's not always there) and you should be able to find it as another runway when in NAV mode. Make sure you're in the Su-33, too, or you could be in for a rude surprise on landing. :grin:

Hi everyone I have been reading heaps about some of these mods for this game and Now I am a newbie but where and how do you land on the aircraft carrier??

Cheers

You need to download a carrier campaign. There are some here in the downloads so take your pick to suit the terrain you're using or make your own missions which I do mostly using the Mission Builder also available here look for KMD in WOI\WOE\WOV Utilities Section. You will also need a carrier type aircraft with a hook, again downloadable from here if you don't have a stock one. There's quite a few, so take your pick in the aircraft WOI\WOE\WOV download section. Plus you need an aircraft carrier also available here look in WOI\WOE\WOV ships, again there are a number to chose from. Try a nice easily to fly aircraft like the Skyhawk first to get the hang of the correct approach and landing sequence. It takes a bit of practice but once you've got the hang of 'getting in the grooove' you'll soon be doing it like a pro. As a guide start at 3000ft up about 3mls out from the ship (press * to get a distance to ship mileage gauge) do a nice easy descent aiming for the back of the deck and land with your wheels over the bow to trap the wire. Make sure you've got your wheels and hook down and fly in just above stall speed for the aircraft you're using.

Here are some links

Links to aircraft carriers:- http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=330

Links to Navy aircraft:-http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showcat=276

Links to KMD:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...um=10&st=30

Have lots of fun practicing and best of luck.

Edited by Brainless

Um, Brainless, unless he's posted in the wrong place by accident, he was asking about LOMAC. :biggrin:

Um, Brainless, unless he's posted in the wrong place by accident, he was asking about LOMAC. :biggrin:

Looks like you could be right mate. Maybe an 'admin can move it. :biggrin: