Sign in to follow this  
PigDriver

Help! Can't seem to add any more weapons to the wepdata.ini

I'm up to 2110 weapons in the weapondata.ini and when I try to add a new weapon with the editor it dosen't recognise it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'm up to 2110 weapons in the weapondata.ini and when I try to add a new weapon with the editor it dosen't recognise it. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

When you add the new weapon in the weapondata.ini, you should then go to your weapon editor, open up the weapondata.ini, and then it should list your recent weapon at the bottom of the page. If not, then maybe you numbered your recent weapon in the weapondata.ini incorrectly.

It's weird, I tried a little test, I have a backup of WOE on an external hardrive and plugged it into my laptop and added the same weapons and the editor recognises them and yet when it's plugged into my PC or the main install on my PC still dosen't recognise them. WTF!

Edited by PigDriver

Hmm, I have 2204 weapons in my weapondat.ini for WOE. Which game are you running?

Make sure all of the [WeaponDataXXXX] entries are in sequence. Also, make sure when you activate the new weapons you open the very last one up and click ok.

I tried getting rid of all the inert stuff 2 weeks ago and didn't open the last one and when saved, everything after the one I opened (334 or something) was gone. I'm hopeing that was just a fluke. I havn't had time to try again yet.

Edited by drdoyo

Ignore me, I've gone and disconbobulated myself again...It's actually quite funny. :haha: