Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

Speaking of shader effects

As I turned them on to 4x there were more anomalies than before.. strange .. will see what I can do about my GF settings. thank you!

Uploading tonight..... :good:

gallery_279_43_21449.jpg

WaaaaAAAA!!!! I must go to school, so I can not try it now :wacko: Heeeeelp!!!! :shout:

My GF 7600GT is crazy too sometimes. I have feeling shot her through the window... Closed window, of course :protest:

Is in your game white clue when ship is treveling? I have it there sometimes and sometimes no (WOE). In WOV I have no white clue.

I have older drivers. Newer were problematic. But I can try newest... On weekend... Limited downloading per month :grin:

Edited by kukulino

My GF 7600GT is crazy too sometimes. I have feeling shot her through the window... Closed window, of course :protest:

Is in your game white clue when ship is treveling? I have it there sometimes and sometimes no (WOE). In WOV I have no white clue.

I have older drivers. Newer were problematic. But I can try newest... On weekend... Limited downloading per month :grin:

If what you mean by that, is that some terrain tiles appear to turn white, then that's known as clipping. Is it happening all the time, or just in the cockpit view? Try playing with the horizon distance in options, and see if that helps.

What are your GF settings .. cause I have some distortion .. in the distance..

My settings are 1600x1200 resolution, 8xAF and 4xFSAA.

I am sorry for my unclear formulation :blush:

I mean this. Ship in WOE:

cargokopie.jpg

Carrier in WOE/WOV:

Carrier.jpg

Both ships are moving, but carrier is missing that "white tail" on the water. As I said, my card is crazy sometimes, so if nobody has noticed this, it means that I have problem with that lovely :not_i: card.

Both ships are moving, but carrier is missing that "white tail" on the water. As I said, my card is crazy sometimes, so if nobody has noticed this, it means that I have problem with that lovely :not_i: card.

No, your card's not crazy at all...that's an issue with Z Buffering :biggrin:

The wave effect is being rendered just above the "ocean's" surface, which has itself been raised slightly to give it a feeling of depth, by the use of both Z buffering and mipmapping. The reason that ship wakes look so white and prominant in my screenshots is that I'm using a version of DO's 'CVN Wake Effects", which I've modified. One of the mods I've made to the .ini, is the ratchet up the ZBuffer offset value to "7.0" :wink:

Thank you for explanation :yes:

But I still think that my GF is crazy :biggrin: