Sign in to follow this  
tank03

Finally got it running!

A 1973 Honda CB350- After spending a good deal of the winter re-wiring this thing I finally got it going and took it for a first ride today. This is my first bike, but I'm already dreaming of getting something a bit bigger.

Rode the short distance to the Manchester (NH) Airport (MHT) and checked out the museum. If you are ever in the area the museum is small, but interesting. It's housed in the original terminal/tower built in the 1930's, when the airport was known as Grenier Filed. B-17's and P-51's were based there during WW2.

PS. tried to upload some pix but I'm having problems uploading at the moment. I'll try again later.

Edited by tank03

Good for you. As a fellow rider I have to say "Two wheels move the soul, four wheels move lard" :biggrin: and that is quite a fun bike you got there, I started on a 2004 GS500F and then moved on to a 2006 GSXR-600 day and night difference, the supersport 600's will hurt you real bad if you dont respect their power output.

I cant ride yet as I have no insurance since the time I quit my job to goto college, so now I get my kicks by donning my helmet sitting on the bike in the garage and goin vroom :blink:

Edited by Atreides

Good for you. As a fellow rider I have to say "Two wheels move the soul, four wheels move lard" :biggrin: and that is quite a fun bike you got there, I started on a 2004 GS500F and then moved on to a 2006 GSXR-600 day and night difference, the supersport 600's will hurt you real bad if you dont respect their power output.

I cant ride yet as I have no insurance since the time I quit my job to goto college, so now I get my kicks by donning my helmet sitting on the bike in the garage and goin vroom :blink:

A real man has a Harley as part of his living room furniture.

Lets not argue taste shall we. :biggrin: Some of my buds ride Harleys other Hondas, Ducatis and even :blink: Buells. Personally I dont care what you ride as long as you ride. I prefer rockets because then I can do track days with friends and do tomfoolery that would kill me on the street, man I'm jonzing for some track days.

Edited by Atreides

- Ducati...ah yes...it hearkens back to the old days of riding...raw power, good looks, and part-time mechanic

- My riding days are over, became bored with laying on the Urgent Care facility's slab listening to the sound of rocks clinking into petri dishes as the ER docs pulled FOD out of my hide...not knocking it...just know when there are things better left to others...I have enough scars for conversation starters...that and just when I was about to convince myself otherwise, a buddy smeared himself down a cliff thus making life for his wife + 2 without him...no thanks

- Again, glad that you have your ride up and working, that is half the fun right there! Good luck, and please be careful

Here's what Tank is talking about

1937%20Terminal%20Postcard.jpg