Sign in to follow this  
JediMaster

GTR Evolution from Simbin

I don't know when it's supposed to be released, but apparently the successor to GTR and GTR2 is GTR Evolution. It will be priced as an expansion for those of us with Race 07 (and integrate into it) so as a full game for those who don't. The "full game" will also include all cars and tracks from Race 07. So, without knowing what the pricing will be, but using hypotheticals, say you paid $30 for Race 07. GTR E will then be $15-20 and you'll have one big sim. Or those without Race 07 will pay $30 or so and get the exact same thing. In essence, those who bought Race 07 will likely wind up paying more in total than those who waited, but we've been racing in Race 07 all this time to make up for it. :grin:

...Would it be something that covers BOTH GTR games together, and possibly add newer FIA GT seasons? I would absolutely love to have that.

EDIT: Read it up...and...

DO WANT.

Edited by kct

I don't know if this will have any GT Legends-type stuff in it, but it looks to be a GTR2 replacement possibly.

I will buy it for my Race 07.

After 5 years it gives the "Green Hell" again in a racing game.

Too bad that it haven't the actually WTCC license.

But it gives 26 new cars, including Audi R8 and other supercars.

for 20 € not bad

I'm still wondering when it's coming out, though. I've not heard any official word.

Well, now I know!

Steam now has preordering ($2 off the $20 regular price, or off the $35+ price of the combined Race 07/GTRE bundle).

The game is to go "live" on 9/1/2008. So that's Monday, a holiday, how great!

Live, as in the full game?

Yes, at 1200 PT yesterday GTR Evo was "unlocked" on Steam. You actually get a new icon for it, but it includes everything Race 07 had.

While there are only 3 new tracks I could find (Nord, Nurb, Nurb GP), there are TONS of new cars. There's also a new R-Cade Extreme race mode, which seems to be like a cross between what Race is and something like GRiD or GT5 or something.

I heard my friends elsewhere raved about it. Let us say it would be one of the best racing games of the year at this rate. Not the best, but getting there.

So far, I haven't seen any other racing sims released this year!

GRID and the like, but we can't wait to see about this.