Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Su-27 internal wings pylons

Some times ago FastCargo add this new pylons with canards to make Su-33 but we ask him to make a mod without canards -only pylons

Any news ???? :tumbleweed:

It`s not so difficult was thinkin about doing this myself....

What versions of Su`s use this?!

If I know only the earlier production series of basic Su-27 doesn't have them but I dont remember that I saw Su-27 with this pylon. But new Su-35BM and modificated Su-27SM have this pylons and doesn't have canards. Some times ago somebody (maby capun but I'm not sure) make pylons which can be added to any aircraft but those made by FastCargo looks more realistic.

Edited by CIACHO

If you can make a List I can make the Pylons!

I don't understand :"list" of what (sorry maby it's my english :blush: )

List of Su-27 variants so we can create our own mod of this bird.. ;-)

My english isn`t good too so no prob ..

It's a very simple INI edition, nothing magical or requiring FC's intervention...

Just correct me if I'm wrong, what you want is a Su-27S with the [side]InnerStation2 of the Su-33 to simulate a Su-27SM ?

If you really have no clue how to do it, I'll post what you have to do, if someone else doesn't before I get the time to.

Ini editing ?? and what about a Pylon?! I wanted to create this evening the Pylon per 3DsMax. How do you do it?!

The pylon is already there... always was, all you have to make sure is that you follow FC's instruction and copy and rename one of the wings' BMP to Su27Pylons.bmp and copy it at the root of the Aircraft folder.

List of Su-27 variants so we can create our own mod of this bird.. ;-)

My english isn`t good too so no prob ..

You mean You can make this pylon new or use those made by capun (or somebody). The list of one seat version of Su-27 witchout canards and with Internal pylons is short:

Su-27 basic but later production(I'm not sure)

Su-27SM Modification of basic Su-27 Russian Air Force with Air to ground weapons, R-77 missiles etc

Su-35BM (mean Big Modification funny this short mean that same in russish and english :haha: ) Pictures:

post-20260-1210760595_thumb.jpg

post-20260-1210760615_thumb.jpg

For those bird new skin will be great and if You look carefuly You see that he has'nt got a fuselage airbrake

Ok your right but the Pylon is linked to the canards of FC, cause it`S one LOD! There are no sepreate pylons without canards

The pylon is already there... always was, all you have to make sure is that you follow FC's instruction and copy and rename one of the wings' BMP to Su27Pylons.bmp and copy it at the root of the Aircraft folder.

YOU SAY that the Marcfighter Su-27 has this internal pylons but they are not used??????????????????????????????????????? :blink:

I think he means the one from FC

I think You are right...Why people dont read the first post :dntknw:

No, FC has pylons, and yes, I forgot he bundled both pylons and canards into the same LOD, which is inelegant even thouh more efficient, and means you are right.

Ini editing ?? and what about a Pylon?! I wanted to create this evening the Pylon per 3DsMax. How do you do it?!

One important thing: When You look at FC pylons: They look good but I think that they are to far from the fuselage like here (not a real picture but looks corectly)

post-20260-1210763092_thumb.jpg

Edited by CIACHO

Oddly enough, I asked FC about this very issue a few days ago. I was trying to make a variant for myself that was essentially just an Su-27 with the additional hardpoints. I figured I'd follow FC's instructions about adding the Su-33 mini mod, except not actually adding the canards. Only, after doing this and removing the entry for the canards, I noticed that the canards were still being applied to the aircraft. Since the canards were blue, I figured they were using my existing canards so I went about creating a new plane who's file name and inis were named Su-26 (in game it was still an Su-27). This time, no canards, but no pylons either...

I've missed something...

You missed nothing, the pylons and the canards are one piece, if you delete the entry for the canards, the canards won't show up, but the pylons won't too, even though there will be "phantom" pylons as they are still present in the INI file.

One important thing: When You look at FC pylons: They look good but I think that they are to far from the fuselage like here

Btw, the two larger inner pylons on an Su-33 aren't spaced equally. The wing folding mechanism is located between two pylons, so it has to be offset slightly.

You missed nothing, the pylons and the canards are one piece, if you delete the entry for the canards, the canards won't show up, but the pylons won't too, even though there will be "phantom" pylons as they are still present in the INI file.

Damn... That's what I was afraid of...

...think I'm gonna have to whip up some pylons in gmax when I get some free time. :yes:

I will have finished them this or next evening. If you like?!

Well, I haven't even started yet. If you woulf like to do the honours, don't let me get in your way... :biggrin:

Mh what is new?!

If there is any interest I will release it, as soon as Ì`m finished with the loadouts and ini editing.

Edited by 76.IAP-Blackbird