Sign in to follow this  
Syrinx

Bush Tucker Man

Whilst being a bit nosey at one of my friends houses earlier today I checked out an old VHS tape. Expecting to find something completely different, there was a few episodes of Bush Tucker Man on it.

I sat and watched them...my God, I loved it ! How did I miss this gem !

Les Hiddins, what a star bloke. Absolutely first class. If you've never seen it and you like Bear Grylls\Ray Mears survival type stuff I'd recommend it. In my opinion Les is head and shoulders better than the other guys, very informative and the history of the Australian outback, settlers, explorers, aboriginal peoples and everything.

I'm gonna have to get it on DVD.

Les Hiddins, what a star bloke. Absolutely first class. If you've never seen it and you like Bear Grylls\Ray Mears survival type stuff I'd recommend it. In my opinion Les is head and shoulders better than the other guys, very informative and the history of the Australian outback, settlers, explorers, aboriginal peoples and everything. I'm gonna have to get it on DVD.

I think its a generational thing as I remember watching the original series here in the UK when I was in my twenties and like you thoroughly enjoyed it up to then all that had come out of Australia in the way of tv was Skippy and Rolf Harris, admidedly soon after neighbours and Flying Doctors followed!

Ray Mears and Steve Irwin are only going over the same ground that the Bush Tucker Man covered yeras before and don't even get me started on Bear Grylis that wanna Be who somehow managed to simultaneously serve in the SAS and Foreign Legion.

If you like Bush Tucker also check out All Aussie Adventures for a fantastic and accurate spoof.

All Aussie Adventures

All Aussie Adventures

An Interview

I am not sure that Bush Tucker Man is avaialable on dvd but try EZYDVD in Australia who post to the UK.

Lazboy

You guys found Les and Russell Coit? Sweeeeet!

BTM was a surprise hit in the 80's on the A(B)BC. We've always had an attraction to crazy bushman type: Harry Butler, Jack Absolum, Alby Mangals-- Alby still has an almost cult like status here along with his windsurfing dog, but Les Hiddens, the man was totally captivating!

Although the few days after the episode in which he spoke about witchetty grubs, large parts of the nation smelled like puke... :bad:

You guys found Les and Russell Coit? Sweeeeet!

Yep, Les is my new hero.