Sign in to follow this  
Dysko

Multiple F4AF installs

I'd like to try RedViper with Allied Force, but since I heard it may screw up the sim, and since I use F4AF in multiplayer and installing RV would prevent me of playing with others, I want to make a second installation of F4AF.

However, when the installation setup begins, I am only given 3 options: modify my install, repairing it and uninstalling it. I am not given the option to reinstall it in another folder. I have a single, unpartitioned HD and no external HDs, so I couldn't try installing it in another partition/drive.

Is it possible to have 2 F4AF installs on a single PC? Would it work if I copied the folder, or renamed it and reinstalled it again? Thank you for your answers :smile:

I have read of several ways to do it but its not that straight forward - I have seen some recent threads at frugals world on this so my advice is to go there and read up on it.

Install Falcon AF........, then copy and paste the entire clean install folder to another directory.

So you have Default install + a duplicate called a different name EG: Falcon 1.

Red viper uses the registry keys from the default installation so RV will install over the 'proper' install.

Take "Falcon 1" install, edit the global.cfg file and fix the directories it points to. Its only like 4 lines.

Falcon 1 is what you will use to play default allied force.

The Default install is what RV will use.

Easy!

Preach

There you go - someone has actually done it - and I dont need to take the blame for you messing up your install (which im sure you wont) - but as easy as ThirdWire series games - no way :good: .

It seems to be working without any problem, thank you very much! :good: