Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

MER Loadouts on WOV/WOE phantoms

Hey folks,

I'm using a merged install of WOV/WOE with bunyap's weps pack. The default loadout for all the phantoms for strike missions is 6 mk 82's on each of the outer wings stations, which would require a load limit of ~1515 kg. However, the load limits for the stations (per the KB thread) are set at 1400 kg. But that's no big deal, just up the load limit and your good to go... kinda.

If you change the load limit to 1550, your default strike loadout of 6 mk82's will show up just fine on each MER. However, I was going in low for one mission and wanted snakeyes instead. Went to change the loadout and found that the game was only letting me load 5 snakeyes on each MER. Snakeyes are pretty much the same weight and size as the MK82's, so I don't see why I couldn't get 6 on there. I checked all the load limits and size limits for the weapon stations, racks, and weapons, and couldn't find any reason why this should happen. I loaded up a mission with the A-6, and was able to get 6 of both the MK82 and MK82SE on each MER, and I'm also able to load the F-4E centerline with 6 of either, so I don't think it's a MER issue.

Then just to experiment, I changed the default loadout for strike missions to use MK82SE instead of MK82. Went back into the game and now I could load 6 snakeyes and only 5 MK82's. I selected an A/A mission, and then tried to adjust the loadout and found that I couldn't load 6 of either. So here's what I've figured out so far:

1. It doesn't appear to be a weapon or rack issue. Seems to be specific to the outer stations on the phantoms.

2. If I deviate from the default loadout, the game is putting some sort of load restriction that seems to be different than what's called out in the aircraft data. If I stick with the default loadout, the parameters in the aircraft data.ini seem to hold true.

Anyone have any idea what's going on or seen this before? I'm out of ideas. I've seen issues with racks switching when you change from a default loadout, but never seen this issue with load limits. It's also worth asking the experts if maybe it's this way intentionally and F-4's are only supposed to have 5 weps on the MER's on the outter weps stations...?

Thanks!

edit - looks like 6 of either should be possible:

http://airwarvietnam.com/F4Chart1.jpg

http://airwarvietnam.com/F4Chart2.jpg

Edited by malibu43

Just wanted to add some more info. I noticed that MK20's are available in the correct quantities, so I reduced the weight of the MK82's down to 215kg, and they worked fine. I got them to work at 230 kg as well. So that extra 24.02 kg per bomb is causing the problem. However, I tried one more time to increase the load limit by 150 and even 200 kg, and that did not solve the problem. So apparently it is some kind of weight issue, but it does not respond to changes in the weapon station load limit...

Can anyone confirm that they are having the same issue?

Anyone?

I get six snakeyes per outboard MER on my F-4. They weigh more than the MK82. Here's what I use for the load limit on my outboard pylons:

LoadLimit=1600

I get six snakeyes per outboard MER on my F-4. They weigh more than the MK82. Here's what I use for the load limit on my outboard pylons:

LoadLimit=1600

Huh... That's weird. 1600 didn't work for me... I went all the way up to 15,000kg, and still couldn't load 6 MK82's or MK82SE's unless they were the default loadout.

Hmmm....

I did a fresh patched install. The weight of the MK82 is 226, so you can load 6 of them off the bat, but still only 5 SE's. I upped the load limit to 1700, and still only the 5 SE's, so it seems to not have anything to do with the weps pack - the issue's there with a fresh patched install.

I'm out of ideas. If anyone else can suggest anything or cofirm/deny the problem on their install, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

I did a fresh patched install. The weight of the MK82 is 226, so you can load 6 of them off the bat, but still only 5 SE's. I upped the load limit to 1700, and still only the 5 SE's, so it seems to not have anything to do with the weps pack - the issue's there with a fresh patched install.

I'm out of ideas. If anyone else can suggest anything or cofirm/deny the problem on their install, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

When you increased the load limit, did you increase it for the OuterWingStationWet also? I don't know why this would have any effect, but in my data.ini, I have those increased to 1600.

When you increased the load limit, did you increase it for the OuterWingStationWet also? I don't know why this would have any effect, but in my data.ini, I have those increased to 1600.

That did it! Thanks!