Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Take a look at the new forum

I just whipped out a layout and tested the conversion of the existing XForum over to phpBB2. Take a look at the layout and colors and let me know what you think.

All existing users should be able to logon with their existing password and username. Take it for a spin and let me know what you think. :D

After I hear your opinions and suggestions I will do the real conversion, probably sometime this weekend. So no messages will be lost, and the transition should be pretty smooth. Just don't post over there yet (at least not anything you want to keep...), as the test database will be wiped and redone.

Heheh, guess it would help to post the actual URL... :D

]http://forum.biohazcentral.com

The forum looks great Madjeff..all but that F-16 on the banner! ;) The colors are easy on the eyes and the layout is clean and easy to use.

One question will the forum self size to the screen rez being used by the visitor? I'm stuck with an old computer until Christmas and have to run at 800X600 (13" monotor) and the forum didn't size to that rez.

I knew you would like that F-16. :D Actually, my goal is to write a quick script that will rotate those logos between different aircraft images I have. Shouldn't be too hard, but I'll wait till I get the actual forum moved before I start messing with the bells and whistles. :cool:

Doh! Sorry about the res, I forget we still have a few of those floating around. I'm an old CAD guy and never run less than 1600x1200 on a 21" monitor. :) I'll trim the banner down tonight, that should make a big difference.

Another thing I will do is have several forum "Themes" to choose from, such as dark and light backgrounds, and a large-text version as well. You will be able to choose which one you want in your defaults.

That's should cover just about everyone's likes. :D

You're the man Madjeff, thanks from all of us "low rez" people! :(

Just as a side note 75% of military computer users (USAF anyway) run at 800X600 because of the fact us "old farts" can't see at higher rezes on small monotors. So by haveing an option to size it may help bring and keep the military users to your site.

That's one reason my montly wallpaper is built to 800X600 just for my Hog community. If the members here would like me to start making the wallpapers in higher rezs I can do that starting next month...here's a look at the Oct wallpaper if you're interested...

oct02n.jpg