Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Best Day In A While

KU wins the oldest Football rivallry west of the Mississippi, both goal posts at Memorial Stadium are gone. I'm going to Lawrence tonight, if I can stop playing Lo-Mac!!! :D

You know, I just dont' get it. KU beat (well, crushed, really) an almost unranked team, so they bring down the goalposts and dump them in the lake. WHY? :huh: They only beat Missou... that's nothing special. Beat Nebraska, or OK, or KSU, or Texas... now that'll be somethign to brag about in the Big 12.

"KU wins the oldest Football rivallry west of the Mississippi"

And another thing, since when is KU vs. Missou a rivalry? I've lived here 11 years and never heard of such a thing. now the real rivaly comes in KSU vs. KU, Though its always K-state over KU in football and KU over KSU in basketball.

By the way, K-State is gonna romp all over Texas next week. I don't think they'll let another Marshall happen this year...

Not to be a troll, but maybe you Kansas peeps can help me with this.

For the past 5 or 6 years, all we've heard about is KSU, KSU, KSU, its gonna be their big year in the Big 12.

And they always always always blow it.

Why is this.... what I mean is what is the word in Kansas.

Yeah, we understand what you're talking about. KSU is a really good team. Their problem lies in their strength of schedule. We usually start with several weak non-conference teams, and then move on to the hard Big 12 teams. If we loose at the beginning of the year, we suck cause we got beat by a crap team. If we loose towards the end of the year, we don't have enough time to bring us back in the polls. So basically, if K-State looses one game, we're screwed

The problem also arises that KSU is not one of the "classic" schools like the florida teams. Becuase of that, no BCS bowl will take us unless we're undefeated. We don't have "the market" (which is BS). For example, I believe it was last year that we went like 10-1 and should've been in a BCS bowl, but the bowls instead went to teams ranked 1-7 and 14 (we were 8, and 14 was like 8-3 for the year). :angry:

As for staying in the Big 12, its a hard league, with powerhouse teams like Nebraska, KSU, OK, Texas, and some other not-quite-so-good-but-still-decent teams like Missou and Colorado.