Sign in to follow this  
super61

A for technique, F for style

Wow! At first glance I have to say... what a douchebag. But that's a first glance.

I glanced a bunch of times, and all I can say is ,"What a douche bag."

Totally out of line.

I mean, he just randomly tackles the dude... I mean, I could vaguely, sorta, kinda understand if the cyclist had been egging him all day and the cop snapped (even though it's still WAY outta line!) but it's like he just said to himself "Yep, this one" and knocked the dude on his arse! Like it was for sh*ts and giggles!

That bicyclist was targeted specifically by the cop.... probably was some kind of trouble maker that the cop knew and wanted, in his own way, to do something about it. There are some other issues with that recording that seem kind of odd to me, but I would rather not say until I've looked at it over again some more. There can also be a lot more going on than what the recording has shown.

Edited by serverandenforcer

I just wonder what the guy on the bike was doing before the camera was on him.He may have done nothing or he could have assaulted somone or made threatening gestures,these types are known to try and provoke the police.He may have been an inocent victom or he could be an ass who deserved a butt kicking.Videos are great at stiring up emotion but lots of times they only show part of an incedent and can be very deceptive.I'll have to wait to hear more from both sides on this one.

From the article, the officer wasn't suspended, but only placed at the desk. That says to me that they're investigating the incident, but the officer isn't in too much trouble. Also, if you look at the charges on the bicyclist, one of them was assault. So there was definatley something going on before this. If the guy commited a crime, and the cops were looking for him (notice how they seem to be in the middle of the street, looking for one specific person, as bicyclist whiz past them left and right), the only way to stop him, short of shooting pepper spray, bean bag guns, or ramming him with a patrol car, is to tackle him the way this cop did. And more than likely, they've already probably exhausted peaceful means to stop the guy (like saying, "hey you on the bike in the white shirt and black shorts.... STOP!). Also notice how other bicyclist come to the scene and pull the other biker's bike away so that the cops can arrest him. I'm really thinking that this cop was stopping some guy who was taken advantage of Critical Mass to cause problems. I give the officer A for style and B for technique (if he rammed him with the patrol car, then I would've given him an A for technique). Another thing that I noticed is how the camera is focused on the cops right before the bicyclist shows up, as if the camera man knows something is about to go down. Hmmm.... that's another indicator that something was already happening before.