PG_Raptor

Vid Cards

Radeon 9500 Pro - $165

Radeon 9600 Pro - $122

Radeon 9600 Pro Ultimate - $181

Radeon 9800 SE - $177

All are 128 Mb. Best buy?

Ahh, I was wondering where this post went... :D

Ok, I'm gonna narrow my search down. Which is better, a 9500 Pro or 9800 SE?

Lets see how many people actually visit this forum...

I have the R9600 Pro and I absolutely love it. It's DX9, runs everything I throw at it without blinking an eye, and the price is excellent. I highly recommend it.

The 9500Pro is a touch faster, but hard to get and costs more.

Stay away from the SE, slower RAM.

I know that I answered this before... :unsure:

At those prices the 9600 Pro.

However, if you think that you may want to overclock it then you need to check the spec. of the memory chips used (this is more likely to be the limiting factor rather than the core).

The newly announced 9600XT looks like being quite a card at a reasonable price ($199) if everything they are saying turns out to be true :).

Best ATI forums I know www.rage3d.com

Ok, no SE. Then what about 9500 Pro vs 9600 Pro Ultimate? And how will it compare to this 9600 XT?

I believe that the Ultimate is the one with the passive cooling solution so what you are paying $60 extra for is less noise rather than extra performance.

A 9500 Pro should beat a 9600 Pro - but it'll be close.

Considering the 9500 pro is an extra $43 that's why i say the 9600 Pro is the better buy.

The 9600XT should take them both to the cleaners - according to ATI it should outperform a 9700 most of the time.

Alright, based on what I'm hearing, I'm going to update some card choices and prices:

9600 Pro - $145

9600 Pro Ultra - $149

9500 Pro - $155

Any changes in opinion?

And last but not least, is allstarshop.com a good retailer to buy from?

Wish I had checked here earlier,

Hurricane Isabell knocked out my old G-force 2 Ultra, so I just ran out to get something as a place holder, Found A G-force 5200FX ($89.00 with $10.00 rebate) (I knew it was Low end but I needed something FAST!).

Anyway beleive it or not, it isn't that bad, I've been using it in all my games and although I will be replacing it around the Holidays it's more than enough for now, and Out performs my old card by leaps and bounds. I'm Even getting decent FPS with the LOMAC Demo settings = Custom, some Med to high to Low (avg 21FPS except for down in the weeds). T

he main thing I don't like is that there's no cooling fans on this series. So far However it has not shown any problems. and it will make a good back up. It is DX9 compliant though.

Still I do want That ATI 9500.

Cheers

BirdDogg.