Just bought this great invention, pffff! very expensive though.

Jumped into SFP1 right away to see the fun playing this thingy. Updated to the latest software already. But having trouble calibrating the device.

How calibration is done or no calibration is required. Great trouble in pitching up. It is not pitching up at all, and I thought a slight movement to the left or right will be enlarged by he thing but it requires me to swing my head fully to the right or left and I lost my sight of the screen..

How this thing is operated?

I could say RTFM here but:

TIR4 was pretty much set up out of the box for me - but you need to test it out before starting the game.

Open up Track IR and go to view->heads

Use F-12 to calibrate / centre it - use F-12 when you load the game up also

Then go to view -> tracking and see if there are any background light sources - if you have a window behind you even drawing the curtains will throw it out when the sun comes out.

Try adjusting the light filter also

Make sure you change the in game SFP1 keys F8 and F9 which are used by TIR also

I also have the same problem with my TrackIT 4 Pro Sentry. MigBuster, might sound silly of me, is the TrackIR has to be lined up with the track clip? I mount the track clip on my headset. Also, is it has to levelled with the receiver.

Sentry how much you piad for the toy?

The trackIR receiver which is probably atop your monitor needs to see the silver reflecting stickers on the clip - so line it up as much as possible

If you go to View->Tracking you should see 3 green splodges that move when you move your head.

If you see more than the 3 reflections from the clip then there are light sources behind you you need to get rid of or filter out - otherwise it may not work properly.

I saw a demo by a guy from NaturalPoint from Youtube. He placed the receiver to the left of his monitor.

And as you can see, as he moves, the view moves smoothly. What I am getting right now is that TrackIR keeps on returning to its centered view. I moved my head tot he right say, the view moved along and not long before TrackIR lost the side view and returned to its centered view.

I am also getting the problem that TrackIR doesn't pitch up.

This is what I've got

Calibartion.jpg?t=1218309817

Edited by Sentry

If you click on the settings button what do you have there?

Ideally you need to have the receiver centered so you can turn your head evenly both ways

When i pitch up (head back) the dots don't go right to the top

What does view->Heads show?

Make sure the receiver doesnt have an orange light on it

If still not working - check if there is a later version of the software/drivers you can use at NP - uninstall then reinstall it - making sure to install it in the correct order.

I have fixed the problem! Detached it from my headset and held it in my hand then lined it up with the receiver. I found the trouble was the receiver was placed much lower vertically to the clip. When I weared in the headset, the clip was inclined backwards away from the receiver. So these 2 mistakes made up for the unstable motion and also no pitching up.

No I have to wear the headset properly in the sense that the clip is horizontal lined up with the receiver. And I used two paper cubes to raise the height of the receiver so it levels with the clip. It works seamlessly smooth now ingame!!!!

This thing is fantastic I tell ya. I really love it.

BY the way Migbuster, what does the orange light do? What happens if it lights up?

Sometimes in game if you hit F8 or F9 (cant remember) accidentally the orange light comes on and your movement will become sluggish - so hit F8 to turn it green again and get full movement - the keys can be customised by you.