Hi all,

I thought about buying this sim, but I have some questions to get started.

1.) WOI is the newst release is it just an addon which requires the original SFP1 or is it a complete product?

2.) Can I use multiple versions WOE & WOI for example and is it a single install then?

Further questions might follow.

greets

Scorpion

Hi all,

I thought about buying this sim, but I have some questions to get started.

1.) WOI is the newst release is it just an addon which requires the original SFP1 or is it a complete product?

2.) Can I use multiple versions WOE & WOI for example and is it a single install then?

Further questions might follow.

greets

Scorpion

1. Every WO*/FE/SFP1 is a stand alone program - has everything you need (aircraft, maps, etc.). So, no you're not required to have SFP1.

2. You can have mutliple installs of the same game (WO*). This allows for having a version of WOV that is modern day jets, and one that is set in WWII.

Hope that helps.

1. Every WO*/FE/SFP1 is a stand alone program - has everything you need (aircraft, maps, etc.). So, no you're not required to have SFP1.

2. You can have mutliple installs of the same game (WO*). This allows for having a version of WOV that is modern day jets, and one that is set in WWII.

Hope that helps.

Yes that helps thanks.

Did I understand it right that when I use different installs they complement each other? I mean is it possible to fly the WOE aircraft in WOI for example and the other way round?

Yes that helps thanks.

Did I understand it right that when I use different installs they complement each other? I mean is it possible to fly the WOE aircraft in WOI for example and the other way round?

Yes, to a degree.

WoI has a more sophisticated flight engine (along with a more intelligent AI). Older aircraft that were designed around the earlier flight engine (SFP1, WoV,WoE), may exhibit strange and even undesirable handling characteristics in WoI. A neat thing about Third Wire, is that they provide patch updates that bring their older titles up to parity with their latest releases. So, in short, just about every existing flight model will have to be re-written.

Yes, to a degree.

WoI has a more sophisticated flight engine (along with a more intelligent AI). Older aircraft that were designed around the earlier flight engine (SFP1, WoV,WoE), may exhibit strange and even undesirable handling characteristics in WoI. A neat thing about Third Wire, is that they provide patch updates that bring their older titles up to parity with their latest releases. So, in short, just about every existing flight model will have to be re-written.

Ok thanks. A last question for now, is it possible to mod the campaigns as well? To add addon aircraft for example? If yes what is required to do so?

Ok thanks. A last question for now, is it possible to mod the campaigns as well? To add addon aircraft for example? If yes what is required to do so?

Yes, it is and all you need to so is a texteditor.

Yes, it is and all you need to so is a texteditor.

Thanks. So I think I will go out to buy it now.

cheers