Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Adding a Tailhook?

Guest pfunkmusik

If I wanted to navalize a Fulcrum, how do I add the external tailhook?

I've adjusted the data.ini to include a tailhook and when I press 'H', it tells me a tailhook has raised or lowered. It's not visible outside.

How do I fix that?

pfunk

You'd need to have a Fulcrum with a tailhook in the .LOD and an animation set for the hook.

You could perhaps get someone to scrounge up a tailhook for you in 3dsMAX and then you could add it to the MiG-29 in a Fashion similar to how Fast Cargo added the canards to the Su-27 and F-15. But the tailhook wouldn't go up or down.

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Guest pfunkmusik

Will the 'tailhook' I've improvised work without the external animations?

pfunk

The game only needs to have the entries in the data.ini to have a functioning tailhool. As JA 37 Viggen said, there needs to be some kind of lod to have a visable tailhook. If the tailhook is not built into the aircraft's 3D model and animated there however the visual part will not move, but is still functional through the data.ini entry. So basically if the game text is saying it is lowered, it will work.

I ones did the ini dance and added a tailhook to a C-130 and landed it on a carrier.

It was funny as hell. :biggrin:

On which carrier? Hinchs Zuiho may be really exciting for this landing kind :biggrin: Or MAC carrier (by Hinch too) too :biggrin:

There was discussion about brake schute here at CA. It is similar problem. We need add animated schute into aircrafts tail section. But no success for this time. Ideal way may be weapon class "fuel probe". You can make something retractable and add it as weapon on new weponstation. But no "fuel probe" weapon class is in SFP1 world imported...

Edited by kukulino

On which carrier? Hinchs Zuiho may be really exciting for this landing kind :biggrin: Or MAC carrier (by Hinch too) too :biggrin:

There was discussion about brake schute here at CA. It is similar problem. We need add animated schute into aircrafts tail section. But no success for this time. Ideal way may be weapon class "fuel probe". You can make something retractable and add it as weapon on new weponstation. But no "fuel probe" weapon class is in SFP1 world imported...

It was on the USS Harry S. Truman made by "Digital-Overload".

Oooh, majestic ship :yes:

Hope we will land with Su-33 on Kuznetsov deck in the future... Or with four engine An-12 (CUB) :haha: An-12 we have in SFP1 world. Just Kuznetsov is needed (it is WIP as we know) :yes: :biggrin: