Sign in to follow this  
themightysrc

SDOE:WWI - won't load?

Hi All,

Having had a brief correspondence with ArgonV, I decided to purchase SDOE, and then add in the WWI stuff. I've downloaded all the indicated stuff, notably the all in one installer. However, when I try to run it (from any directory location) it immediately tells me that there's a problem with invalid data and comes to a halt.

Has anyone else had this problem? Hos did you get round it?

FYI, I'm running on Windows XP, and it's patched as it should be.

Cheers,

Simon

hmm, mine "loads", but all I see is a black screen, but the hard drive activity light still blinks, and if I hit ctrl/alt/delete, I can hear engine sounds, and the only way I can get back to windows is to hit the reset button on my computer!

Single- or multi- core CPU? Try running game with any utility that offers starting a program on a single core. Affinity setting in XP task manager is useless.

Single- or multi- core CPU? Try running game with any utility that offers starting a program on a single core. Affinity setting in XP task manager is useless.

Thanks for the reply. It's a dual core Pentium, but it seems to run the stock SDOE quite happily. What sort of utility did you have in mind? I'm happy to download and install stuff, but your reply's a touch too gnomic! More please!

Cheers,

Si

Hello!

Sorry I have not seen this until now..

To me it sounds like the file you downloaded has gotten corrupted. Have you tried redownloading the file by any chance?

gwar, try changing the video resolution to 1024x768 and see if the black screen goes away. You might also want to change the API to something else. (OpenGL32 or D3d T&L)

Hope that helps!

Hello!

Sorry I have not seen this until now..

To me it sounds like the file you downloaded has gotten corrupted. Have you tried redownloading the file by any chance?

gwar, try changing the video resolution to 1024x768 and see if the black screen goes away. You might also want to change the API to something else. (OpenGL32 or D3d T&L)

Hope that helps!

Hi Argon!

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I've changed email addresses, and it caused a problem with the forum (my fault, not the mods).

I finally tried to download directly (as opposed to via a slightly dodgy wireless link) and, lo and behold, the files differed!

I tried loading the latest (ie, largest) downloaded file, and - guess what - it worked perfectly.

I'm now trying to get my head round the WWI version of SDOE, but I have to say, it's great fun thus far. I'd never considered flying a Sopwith Pup over North Africa prior to this...

Cheers,

Si

That's some good news!!! :) Glad you got it up and working.