Sign in to follow this  
sinbad

Alb D.II Skins

OK, this has been going on long enough.

Here are two versions of the fabled Alb D.II skins to go along with the cockpit conversion. My working notion has been to use slightly toned down surrounds for the 1917 style crosses, but I now I wonder if the crisp snow white surrounds are better. There will be a series of skins, so I'd appreciate some feedback before I post them.

I'll probably do one or two of the individual AC in the "muted" or "dirty" version, on the theory that at least some pilots really wanted camo FX, but then again there are many images out there with "clean" surrounds. It is a more significant decision for the squadron default sets.

These samples are from the Jasta 5 set.

Please let me know what you think.

sinbad

WWI_2008_08_31_20_47_00_67.bmp

WWI_2008_08_31_20_46_26_12.bmp

Jasta_5_1917_portside_low.bmp

Jasta_5_1917_PortQ_above.bmp

Excellent! Personally, I like a little weathering. If you could include both it would be wonderful. Thanks for your hard work!

I took a look at all four examples twice, and I'm kind of torn between them. My first impression was that the larger white outlines were too overwhelming, and I preferred the the thinner white outlines. After looking at them the second time, they both have positives. The thinner white outline is a little more of a low viz effect, but the larger white outlines look very crisp.

Thanks for your continued efforts, Sinbad.