Type 74=MiG-21F

Type 76=MiG-21PF

Type 77=MiG-21FL

Then........

Type 95=MiG-21MF?

Type 96=MiG-21BIS?

Bison=MiG-21-93?

Acc to IAF designation:

MiG-21MF = Type 96B (airframes supplied directly by Russia)

MiG-21M = Type 96 (Manufactured under license in India - It was a MiG-21MF with FL's R-11 engine)

MiG-21bis = Type 75 ((Manufactured under license in India)

MiG-21bis UPG(21-93) = Bison (Son of a bis!!!!!!!!!! :haha: :haha:)

Edited by ghostrider883

Acc to IAF designation:

MiG-21MF = Type 96B (airframes supplied directly by Russia)

MiG-21M = Type 96 (Manufactured under license in India - It was a MiG-21MF with FL's R-11 engine)

MiG-21bis = Type 75 ((Manufactured under license in India)

MiG-21bis UPG(21-93) = Bison (Son of a bis!!!!!!!!!! :haha::haha: )

Thanks. :ok:

The Battling Fishbeds....

No. 29 Sqdn "Scorpions"

29sq_FL.jpg

No. 47 Sqdn "Black Archers". MiG-21FL C-750 was the mount of Flt. Lt. B.B. Soni on 12 December 1971, when he shot down a PAF F-104A piloted by decorated PAF Wg Cdr. Mervyn Middlecoat near Jamnagar(which is not that far away from where I live)

750_FL.jpg

Soni-Painting-Small.jpg

Brown Green Camo

BG_FL.jpg

C-1111 with kill markings(No. of bombs released & K-13 missiles fired)

c1111_FL.jpg

And probably the most well known camo painted on an Indian Fishbed....

TS_FL.jpg

The above 'Tiger Stripes' skin is Marcelo's work for the MiG-21PFM which I adapted for use with MiG-21FL mod.

Need to fix decal locations since it uses new patch MiG-21PF lod.

Can anyone notice anything different with this MiG-21PF model :biggrin: ? (Thanks to Amokfloo & kukulino).

Edited by ghostrider883

GP-9 on the belly??? Or no back window??

Wrench

kevin stein

GP-9 on the belly??? Or no back window??

Wrench

kevin stein

Yup, its the GP-9 on the belly. A GP-9 gunpod had been on the IAF MiG factory wishlist ever since the first IAF MiG pack mod was released in 2004(or was it 2003?). And now 4 years later, we have a GP-9 gunpod model for the FL to hunt those pesky PAF Starfighters :yahoo:.

The GP-9 model has been built by Amokfloo(thanks a million Florian, we owe you a lot of thanks for this one) & kukulino for fitting it on the PF :ok::good: .

Edited by ghostrider883

We still need a long with dragchute teil...

That's because we are using WoE/WOI's MiG-21PF model for the MiG-21FL IAF Type 77 mod.

There is not dedicated 3D model for the MiG-21FL. The FL has PF's front part(front opening canopy) & MiG-21PFM's tail type.

Atleast now we have an accurate, removable GP-9 gunpod for Indian FLs.

MiG-21FL:

iaf_mig-21fl_c731_29_sqn.jpg

MiG-21PFM:

eaf_mig_21pfm_5260b.jpg

Very nice skins yu have here ghostrider883 :biggrin::good:

Those PF looks with your paints like real FLs :clapping:

And about dragchute:

... it is not possible add it into existing stock planes. We talked about it here on CA, but we need something like animated fuel probe weapon type... http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=30623

It is not problem add workable chute as ini edit into aircraft_data.ini

Problem is add new schute model into stock models. No Mig-21 in stock install has chute. Or better said... No plane from stock planes has chute.

The drag chute housing can be created as an add-on part. Not animated however, if that's what you folks meant. I'd be interested in doing this if no one else is going to...Can someone send me some good drawings and explain again which model it must go on.

Mike D.

The drag chute housing can be created as an add-on part. Not animated however, if that's what you folks meant. I'd be interested in doing this if no one else is going to...Can someone send me some good drawings and explain again which model it must go on.

Mike D.

The MiG-21FL's fin is much larger than the PF. Only adding a a drag chute container won't completely make it look like an FL. However, it will atleast make the PF look like and FL . So if that can be done, please go for it :smile:

Temporary solution is PFM model with new canopy. I tried something and I get partially success. But this do not mean that it is not possible. Searching for right way is not stopped.

To mppd:

Yes, it is possible make new chute. (Concretelly for PFM stock model if problem around new canopy will be fixed). But as you said without animation. But animation is needed for chute deploy, I think.

If problem with chute will be solved on stock Mig-21, this mean that problem with chute will be solved for all stock planes (whose are using brakechute of course). The same solution will be usable on Phantoms for example. But as we discussed many times ago, it is not clear how make workable (this mean deployable) brakechute for stock planes.

So basic qestion is how to deploy that damn new chute on stock planes? But this is question to this topic: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...30623&st=20

I am affraid it is not possible :dntknw:

Edited by kukulino