Sign in to follow this  
FLOGGER23

ANTI RADAR MISSILES USE

Hello every one, this is flogger23 once again with, i think it will be an easy question to you all flight sim gurus:

Does anyone can tell me how to use the ARM's (like shrikes, standard, agm-88, kilter, etc) on thirdwire sims, i haven't been able to use them flying the f-105-g, f-4g and so on....

please help!!!

Edited by FLOGGER23

basically point at radar and shoot - see countless old threads on this

thank you, i did, it and the agm45/78 went balistic, should the radar must be looking at me, what's the range i should be using?

Maybe 9 miles out, nose up and launch - never had much luck close in with shrikes.

expect a lot to miss - If the sam radar goes off its likely a miss too

Edited by MigBuster

When using ARMs, one thing i always do is to be high up. That helps so much.

In one WOV campaign i got so sick of SAMs that i would have my wingman go after the target while i would stay up and behind him waiting for a SAM site to fire. When it did it was a matter of just turning toward the site, putting the pipper on it and letting fly. Using my SAM map (See my thread about it) I sometimes would be at 20-25,000ft throttled down acting as bait so that both my wingman can get in and so i can kill a Fansong. If the site fired i would send a Shrike at them then manuver to both avoid the SAMS and to cover my wingman as he came off the target. I was also loaded with ECM if it was available. Every bit of an edge counts.

It's not so cut and dry however. The situation might just call for you to take evasive action rather than pulling the trigger on the site. Use your judgment.

One thing you can also do is let other flights in the area first as bait and kill the Fansongs when they become active. Standard ARMS are great for this since they have such a long range and have the ability to lock on a site. I think my best was from 20 miles with a launch altitude of about 30,000ft.

Thanks Lt. Cater i will try and let you know, thanks to all of you and i would be bothering you from time to time.

Regards.