Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Getting Gunship! to work in XP

All in the title. Tried looking but couldnt find the golden combo of words to find what I was wanting.

Can Gunship be ran in XP or should I stick with my Apache AA sims?

Thanks!

Storm

I think he means the successor of GS2000 - as far as I remember I ran it on Win2k, so WinXP shouldn't be a problem...

All in the title. Tried looking but couldnt find the golden combo of words to find what I was wanting.

Thanks!

Storm

I have the demo and it works fine in XP....i couldnt find the original game on my country :sorry:

Thanks!

Storm

Did you ever get it working? It works fine for me in XP. What specific problem are you having?

No, I never did get it to work. The main menu would come up, but when I would try and select any of other sub-menus, it would crash. I was just looking for something to put up on the laptop for deployments/TDYs that would be easy to run and I remember Gunship being pretty fun. Tonight when I get home, I'll post what version I've got and maybe we can figure out why it CTDs.

Thanks!

Jeff

No, I never did get it to work. The main menu would come up, but when I would try and select any of other sub-menus, it would crash. I was just looking for something to put up on the laptop for deployments/TDYs that would be easy to run and I remember Gunship being pretty fun. Tonight when I get home, I'll post what version I've got and maybe we can figure out why it CTDs.

Thanks!

Jeff

There is a patch, and there's also a no-cd.exe out there, so there are lot of different things you could try to get it to work.

Check out this site, if you haven't already: http://www.simwarrior.com/gunship/index.html

Edited by malibu43