Sign in to follow this  
lindr2

AGM-28 repaint & SA-1 Beta

AGM-28 repainted! lod fixed Ready to use...

d0294825f98d.jpg

I maked 4 sa-1 new models & created needed groung units 4 launcher & 2 radars (old lod'd new ini), use for layuncher & radars sa-2 models...

But look's like i miss something: SAM don't want attack me...

http://rapidshare.com/files/143656358/SA-1___AGM-28.rar.html

S-25 model 205

0c2837fe5b8b.jpg

S-25 model 207A

9be48a14e7a2.jpg

S-25 model 215

7fecd0af767a.jpg

S-25 model 217M

2941387735c1.jpg

Hi lindr2

I've had the same problem modding the Nike Hercules for vertical launch.

Because the launcher don't follow the plane, the missile seeker simply can't lock on the target.

So I've expanded the missile seeker FOV and seeker gimble limit. But doing so it creates a super missile for its age.

Alex

Edited by Spillone104

You could probably offset the increasing of the sensor FOV and gimble limit by reducing the G turn ability of the missile. Or simply decrease the probability of intercept. The end result - lots of firings but not too many hits.

FastCargo

S-25 radar was directional, about 60 degrees I think.

I have made a basic S-25 unit by using S-75 missile for model. What I do is slant the launcher somewhat, and fix the direction of facing.

It does not launch pure vertical, but it is directional, and that's the main thing.

lindr thanks for all this. In the last 2 weeks, you have added so much to classical strategic air warfare which has never been done in The Sims until SF's 3rd Party modders.

Yes 60 deg in azimuth sector & 60 ged vertical sector (from earth surface). Each radar can control 20 missiles launchers, but only 1 missile to 1 target firing (in SA-2 - 3 missiles to one target).

I try do this use sa-2 network, but it's not work: radar lock my, but data from radar not providing to missiles...

You can fix this & make FULL 100% historycal correct complex?

I make some tests, addind radar to launchers...

buster & sustainer need to correct: 217M fly to fast & can't look target...

You can fix this & make FULL 100% historycal correct complex?

Not 100% in this sim.

I can do roughly 60 degree facing azimuth and 60 degree vertical, maybe a bit more.

(1) Set launcher Max/Min yaw the same, but face launcher to desired direction.

(2) Set launcher Max/Min pitch range the same, but give launcher a "compromise" default pitch -- it won't be pure vertical launch. I use 70 degrees now.

(3) Set seeker field of view very wide to cover 60 degrees AND play with pitch range to get best result. I use 110 degrees now with 70 degree launch pitch, but this needs MUCH more experiment. As FastCargo notes, there are other variables that can help restrict the missile's tracking ability.

Its very rough approximation. But it works! When I get back to experimenting with SAMs, I'll get more into it. I may wait for next Patch, or get the WoI. Does WoI have a flyable Hunter, or is that just WoE?

"Does WoI have a flyable Hunter, or is that just WoE? "

Lexx, the WOI Hunters are not flyable in the stock install. I just add the cockpits from the WOE Hunter.

Nuke SAM S25-215 test, not real, but FUNNY, 16 SAM's used -> 3 of 4 planes killed...

e504c954fc8d.jpg

15f0299f46f0.jpg

6a3f29d536b1.jpg

698f2829e924.jpg

82c8aad3ac2c.jpg

51dcaa772707.jpg

Edited by lindr2

hello

are your SAM1 working now???

i think it will be a good addition on the game

working but not good, it's some difficult work to me. but hope Lexx_Luthor can make it finnest.