Sign in to follow this  
jayo

Installing Israel2 into WoI.

In Gepard's Israel2 terrain mod there is a WoE/WoV folder with an Israel2.ini to add depending on which you have,do i not need this as im installing Israel2 in WoI?

I have already added Polak's Desert tileset

Could you make that question a little less confusing please??? I can't make heads or tails outta what you asking...

wrench

kevin stein

Yeah i have the Israel2 update waiting to be added.

Wrench sorry,what i mean is...as there is no Israel2.ini file in the Israel2 mod specifically for WoI (as there is for WoE/Wov)

Israel Terrain INSTALLATION instruction:

1.) unzip all files into your Strike Fighters folder

2.) If you use WOV open WOV folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

3.) If you use WOE open WOE folder and copy file Israel2.ini into Israel2 folder

....does this mean i dont need one for WoI?

From the readme enclosed in the I2_upgrade pak:

(snippage of text above this point - emphasis colorations added here to clarify...)

---You MUST have Gepard's Isreal2 terrain already installed for this to work -- it it NOT a full terrain--

--------------------------------------------------------------------

== Install Instructions: ==

---You MUST have Gepard's Isreal2 terrain already installed for this to work -- it it NOT a full terrain--

Hope you get the point, as many times as I repeat it!!!

As I always reccomend, unzip "isreael2_upgrade" to a temp director that's easy to find.

= BACKUP THE FOLLOWING ORIGINAL INIS; this will allow for full restoration, if for some reason, you don't like this mod. The easiest way to create backups, is to simply reanme them "ori-***.ini", where *** is the original name of the ini. Another way is to create a new folder within the Isreal2 folder, name it "BACKUP", and just move the listed inis into there.

Inis to Back up are:

Israel2.ini

Israel2_Movement.ini

Israel2_Nations.ini

Isreal2_Targets.ini

Isreal2_Types.ini

(more snippage....instructions continue...)

-Selecting the Proper CAT file to use: WoI users with SF and/or WoE--

Right now, as stated, it's set up to use the WoE GermanyCE.cat. SF/WoE users need do nothing further at this point. Go fly! Or, read on, as there might be something interesting for you, in regards to terrain tiles; its your choice to keep the originals, or use Polak's Desert Tiles. If you have the SF desert cat, go ahead and use them. (it just that Polak's look better around the Nile Delta -- I mean, really..it looks like the photos in Google Earth!!

Open the Israel2.ini in your text editor of choice....

As you can see in the example below, copied directly from the Israel2.ini, all the needed cat pointer lines are listed, just not activated....

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Israel 2

DataFile=Israel 2_data.INI

TargetFile=Israel 2_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Israel 2_types.INI

MovementFile=Israel 2_movement.INI

NationsFile=Israel 2_nations.INI

BriefingText=Israel 2_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Israel 2_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.CAT

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT

Longitude=29.0

Latitude=35.0

You'll note the commented out lines for SF desert.cat and WoV's VietnamSEA.cat. You just simply 'uncomment' them - remove the double slashes (//), and add them to the GermanyCE line. It should look like the examples below:

For SF:

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Same thing for WoE users:

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

//CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.cat

Don't forget to copy over those repainted terraintiles!!!

You shouldn't have any problems getting it to work.... if you do, you've simply not followed instructions.

--------------

Notes for Owners of WoV & WoI -Only- Owners:

Like I said above, you poor schmucks have a bit more work to do. Using this terrain, AS IS, with the cat pointer to the VietnamSEA.CAT, will cause a CTD with a 'terrainengine.dll' fault. This is something to do with the tiling,and can't be fixed without a TOTAL rebuild of the ENTIRE terrain HFD, TFD and other stuff I don't understand...

The easist and simplest way is to just replace the existing, original terrain tiles with something else. For this I reccomend using Polack's Desert Tileset. There are a few issues, that I've seen; mostly at the 'corners' where the transition tiles are, either the desert/farm or desert/city units. Instead of smooth curves, they're right angle changes of color/texture. This is livealbe, for now; hopefully someone will figure it out -- I'm just the 'targets ini guy'....I can't retile a terrain.

So...in the Isreal2.ini, make sure you cat pointer is as follows (and also MAKE DOUBLE DAMN SURE THE "VIETNAMSEA" TERRAIN IS IN YOUR WoI's /TERRAIN FOLDER!!!

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Israel 2

DataFile=Israel 2_data.INI

TargetFile=Israel 2_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Israel 2_types.INI

MovementFile=Israel 2_movement.INI

NationsFile=Israel 2_nations.INI

BriefingText=Israel 2_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Israel 2_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

//CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.CAT

//CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.CAT

CatFile=..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT

Longitude=29.0

Latitude=35.0

You'll see that we have activated the VietnamSEA.cat to be used.

So, I assume at this point, you've already gotten Polak's Desert Tile set from CombatAce.. here's the direct link to it, for those too lazy to go look for themselves ;)

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=4461

There is ALSO a small issue with some of the terrain tiles; along the Suez Canal and one of the 'flugplatz' tiles. I've supplied repainted ones in the "For_polaks_desert_tiles" folder. Simply copy/paste them into the Isreal2 terrain folder. If prompted to "Overwrite?", just say yes.

For All Users:

Do NOT, under any circumstances try to use the stock IsraelME terrain tiles -- they will NOT work, and will cause all sorts of visual anomolies and general strangeness.

One of the reasons I write extreamly detailed, step-by-step instructions, with full explinations....

So, still, what exacty IS the question??? :dntknw:

Wrench

kevin stein

Clearly im missing the obvious here........or im tripping.......either way i know what i mean,im sure i'll work it out.

Israel2 is written for SFP1. It use the SFP1 tileset. If you want to use Israel2 terrain with an other game you will need a desert replacement tileset.

But after the last patch of WOI Israel2 terrain shows some anomalies with some runways. Have not yet found the reason for it.

Gepard: using the external cat pointer line as well creates the anomilies??? I shouldn't, what with using one of the Original 3 Terrain Cats...as they're not patched yet, and all the 'goodies' reside IN the terrain folder (minus the cat of course)

This is something I've not seen yet...guess I'll just move over the terrain and have a look see...

Wrench

kevin stein