Sign in to follow this  
comrpnt

The Curious Tale of the Lightning and the U2

The Curious Tale of the Lightning and the U2

The Curious Tale of the Lightning and the U-2

This simple mission pack allows me to share with you some interesting experiences I've had carrying out ultra high-level interceptions with the English Electric Lightning F.6 and the Lockheed U2-A. From my observations, using Wings Over Vietnam as a base game engine, the behaviour of both aircraft seems very close to what was experienced in real life – a testament perhaps to the quality of the Thirdwire platform and the flight models of the test aircraft.

Choose from two mission profiles: Fmk6-U2@60k IC or Fmk6-U2@70k IC for Lightning intercept missions at 60,000ft or 70,000ft respectively.

This download consists of the original illustrated article that I posted at SimHQ and the mission files. Installation instructions and prerequisites are included.

Released under CombatAce Fair-Use terms (See here: http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=26131)

Regards, comrpnt.

hehe good idea!!

Did this a while back...

I call it "hello down there" :good:

gallery_6973_124_3672.jpg

Cool! BTW, I'd be grateful for more details w.r.t your generic cockpit work on the Lightning model, such as offsets you used etc. - now that is impressive stuff Lexx.

Regards, comrpnt.

Positions are easy. For offset, you need to find a good panel and plug in the offset numbers until you are happy. I find F-4E panel to be a great fit. The RWR can be moved out if desired, or slipped back in. Maybe Saudi Lightnings had RWR I don't know.

Its exceptionally nice with ravenclaw's 500kb Martin Baker seat. Amazing! If you need help, pop over at the Thudwire stargetic cockpit thread. That could always use a good bump.