Sign in to follow this  
Beer

Ffg Work In Progress

Guest capun

Beer

Yes, I found out about the launcher axis, I could not get it to work last night in the game. I'll work on it tonight. The Gun should work, I'll send you the data ini file with the set-up, BTW, I set it up to have the OTO Melara gun pointing forward.

I'll look at reducing the Phalanx count, as you saw the barrels are the killers.

CP

FFGNov5.jpg

Handrails, a US flag, and final skinning, and its off to capun for tweaking :)

Cheers

Beer

FFGNov6.jpg

Getting there :)

Cheers

Beer

Guest capun

Beer

It's getting better and better. Nice little touches with the masts and the bridge

CP

Guest capun

firehawkordy

Beer is almost done with the Hull, then is back to me to add the weapons, complete the Ini files and wrap up the package. Then of course we need a host for the file.

I can host it (as can BioHaz). Got the upper deck handrails to go, and I need to poly down the weapons.

Unwrapping and putting the skin on one map I will need help with, then the final skin.

Cheer

Beer

15 Nov Update, in game shots, excuse the graphics, since updating the latest driver, I have not tweaked the settings for best in game graphics.

Things to do

1. Delete the hidden polys.

2. Get someone to Unwrap it so the maps are on one BMP vice the several I got going now.

3. Map it with the final coat of paint, current map is still rough.

4. Minor tweaks

15NovFFG1.jpg

15NovFFG2.jpg

15NovFFG3.jpg

15NovFFG4.jpg

15NovFFG6.jpg

Here is the Max Render

15NovFFG5.jpg

Cheers

Beer

Guest capun

Beer

Can you add a turret ring base to the OTO Melara and to the Phalanx?

Also, do you want to use the current weapons or install the one's I have? The OTO Melara looks a little different to the one I have

CP

capun

The weapons I am currently using are still very high poly count. I think they are the second ones you sent.

The 76 mm I modded to match the profile view, which was just dragging the the lower vertythingys down to the deck and leaving the gun barrel at the correct height.

If you got new weapons go head and send them I think I am using the first missle luancher and 76 mm, and the second Phalanax. I will add the turrents and send the new model to you.

Cheers

Beer

This is looking out standing. What missile are you using? The Perry's fired RIM-78's, that is the Standard ARM used as a SAM. Hope this helps and not confuses.

Guest capun

firehawkordy

Yes, after some research I found that the Standard SM-1 missile is the equivalent of the AGM-78, at least externally. So I created a new weapon based on the AGM-78 LOD model.

Since the game is so flexible, I also used the FFG as a testbed for other missiles to play around with. If I read correctly the later batch of the FFG Perry class could carry different missiles like the Harpoon. Unfortunately the current game engine does not support SSM missiles.

Guest capun

Squid

Not yet. Russo is helping us with the texture mapping but he is busy. Once he completes the P-47 he should finish the mapping and then textures can be done.

After that we can release the FFG