Sign in to follow this  
Guest pfunkmusik

Making the Russians be FRIENDLY

Guest pfunkmusik

OK, in the Nations.ini file, I've created a new nation 'RussiaPVO', based on the 'SovietPVO' file that's in there, but the red star doesn't show up on the livery.

What controls the red star appearing on the aircraft?

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik
OK, in the Nations.ini file, I've created a new nation 'RussiaPVO', based on the 'SovietPVO' file that's in there, but the red star doesn't show up on the livery.

What controls the red star appearing on the aircraft?

pfunk

ST got me squared away, ya'll.

Thanks.

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik

I've discovered something really wierd about this process.

By making a new nation ('Russia') and then allowing the livery to be SOVIET, you get a friendly nation with red stars.

Here's the wierd thing. The first texture in your list? The red stars don't show up, but they will on any subsequent textures in the list, so my first texture has to be a dummy texture.

pfunk

I"m half Russian, on my maternal grandparents side :rofl:

Pfunk, how about pulling the Soviet Star decal out of the cat file, renaming it to SovStar or RuStar, and just dropping it into the skin folder in question, then adjust the decals pointer line in the ini??? Quck and easy! (and I've done this before!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Guest pfunkmusik
I"m half Russian, on my maternal grandparents side :rofl:

Pfunk, how about pulling the Soviet Star decal out of the cat file, renaming it to SovStar or RuStar, and just dropping it into the skin folder in question, then adjust the decals pointer line in the ini??? Quck and easy! (and I've done this before!)

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, now you're just making things too damned easy, Kevin.

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik
Well, now you're just making things too damned easy, Kevin.

pfunk

Which cat file is the SovStar in and what's it called?

pfunk

Objects.cat ---> Insignia005 (insignia names {ok, number} match the Nation's number in the Nations.ini)

:biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

edit PS:, c'mom Chuck, I'm an ex-auto mechanic. We LIVE for shortcuts!!! Expecially when you were getting paid ONLY on commission!! :wink:

Guest pfunkmusik
Objects.cat ---> Insignia005 (insignia names {ok, number} match the Nation's number in the Nations.ini)

:biggrin:

Wrench

kevin stein

edit PS:, c'mom Chuck, I'm an ex-auto mechanic. We LIVE for shortcuts!!! Expecially when you were getting paid ONLY on commission!! :wink:

Kevin, I'll go you one better. All I had to do was add the digits '005' wherever I saw 'Insignia' and sonofa#$@ if that didn't work!

pfunk