Sign in to follow this  
avi8tor

WOI/WOE/WOV Merged Install

Hello all,

I got WOI back when it first came out and decided to wait for TK to release the WOI standard patch for WOE/WOV in hopes that merging my WOE/WOV would be less complicated. Can anybody tell me what files need to be moved etc? ( I searched the forum and didn't find anything specific for WOI merge.) (Also I'm starting with WOI fresh install and WOE/WOV merged install). Thanks

Hello all,

I got WOI back when it first came out and decided to wait for TK to release the WOI standard patch for WOE/WOV in hopes that merging my WOE/WOV would be less complicated. Can anybody tell me what files need to be moved etc? ( I searched the forum and didn't find anything specific for WOI merge.) (Also I'm starting with WOI fresh install and WOE/WOV merged install). Thanks

One reason why it's possible to have a merged WOV/WOE install is that the WOE objectdata.cat contains all files that of the WOV objectdata.cat. I don't have WOI, but I doubt that the WOI objectdata.cat contains all the files from WOV/WOE, so in order to have a merged install you would have to extract numerous, if not to say all files from either the WOE or WOI objectdata.cat and place them into the respective aircraft/ground object/decals folder. You might also have to create a new squadronlist, since I'm not sure whether those are compatible.

Come to think of it, I do not even see the slightest benefit of a WOV/WOE/WOI merged install.

Edited by Gocad

The objectdata.cat in WOI only had the WOI specific files in it last time I looked - will check again after its been patched.

Come to think of it, I do not even see the slightest benefit of a WOV/WOE/WOI merged install.

Yes I would say keep them separate if you can anyway :good:

I have a WoV/WoE merged enviroment and it works very well together. But I have decided to keep WoI separate and unmodded except patches