Sign in to follow this  
WarlordATF

Cuba Aircraft Carriers

First Off, A Huge Thank You to Canadair for putting me on the right track!

I have figured out why my planes are exploding on the carrier. But its a good news,bad news deal.

The Good news is if you have SFP1 you should be able to fix this issue.

The Bad news is if your like me and don't own SFP1 with the Desert.cat your outta luck.

I have tracked the problem down to the DataFile= and CatFile= sections of the CUBA.INI. I noticed in the Bering Straits terrain the DataFile= is pointed at the GermanyCE_data.INI and the CatFile= is pointed at ..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat, so i changed the Cuba.ini to the same and carriers worked but the water had land textures. Then i pointed them both at the VIETNAMSEA_DATA.INI and ..\VietnamSEA\VietnamSEA.CAT and the carriers worked but the land was textured wrong.

So if you have the Desert terrain in WOE you should have no problems if its pointed to the desert.cat, but without it you cant use the carriers. This probably goes for all terrains based on SFP1 and Canadair pointed out in another thread that planes were exploding on runways because SFP1 was not patched with Taxi and Parking data.

So it looks like landbased ops only for me because i'm not buying SFP1 if its not going to be supported any longer, but those of you with the game should be able to fix these terrains by following Canadair's instructions for adding taxi and parking data.

EDIT: Ignore earlier fix, it caused texture issues near the coast. I found a better and even easier fix!

Open the terrains main .INI and set it to CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

Then open the terrains Data.ini and scroll down to the textures and find all the textures that say HasWater=1 or 2 and delete both HeightMap entries.

So...

Filename=sea1.TGA

HasWater=2

HeightMap=sea1_hm.BMP

HeightMapScale=75.000000

Color=0.212429,0.268664,0.327297

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

Becomes...

Filename=sea1.TGA

HasWater=2

Color=0.212429,0.268664,0.327297

SolidObjectTexture=terobject_buildings1.BMP

AlphaObjectTexture=terobject_trees1.TGA

Carriers will work and it shouldn't give texture issues near the costlines. It should work with any SFP1 based Terrain.

If any of the Terrain build Pros have any other suggestions please post them!

This bug became a major issue for me because i live in Florida and Cuba is my primary terrain, so i kept trying everything i could to get carrier ops working again.

As Kirk said in Star Trek 2, "I Don't Like to Lose!" :biggrin:

Edited by WarlordATF

Salute :salute: OTC is back!