Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Search crews find Fossett's plane wreckage

this will be interesting.

I wonder if the Governor of Nevada will now drop his lawsuit against his widow trying to collect for the costs of the seach......

I'll tell ya, the tinfoil hats were starting to come out for this accident...especially with people saying that in this day and age, it's not possible to disappear like that...

Idiots.

Hopefully, we can get a final resolution out of this...sad to say.

FastCargo

I'll tell ya, the tinfoil hats were starting to come out for this accident...especially with people saying that in this day and age, it's not possible to disappear like that...

Idiots.

Hopefully, we can get a final resolution out of this...sad to say.

FastCargo

ditto.

I have an excellent and a terrible SAR record. If anyone got in trouble when I was airborne and within my radio/radar coverage - they ALWAYS made it back. Not always in the same vehicle they started out in, but they always made it back in one piece.

But the reverse was also true. Every time I launched on a SAR to find someone - no matter how hard we tried we never did. Sadly the numbers on that side of the ledger were more than 30 times the success.

There is an awful lot of territory/ocean out there and a plane or downed flier is an awfully small piece of stuff to find.

Some of those tinfoil hat theories were pretty bizarre and even disgusting. I include the Governor of Nevada in that crowd.