Sign in to follow this  
Luiz Carlos

Help to find good computer stores in NY

Since the Sept patch , my 8600GT is struggling more than usual to deal with WOx the way I like it.Time to upgrade the video card, even more because I´m planning to upgrade the monitor from 19 to a 24 or 26 in. , raising res from 1440x900 to 1920x1200 in the process.

I´ll arriving at NY at Oct 26 and I´m really in need of help to find good comp stores there.

If somebody could help, I´m thanking in advance.

BestBuy will generally have all you need, either them or circuit city. Getting things directly online through tigerdirect or newegg is cheaper than retail though. They are scattered all over here inside and outside the city.

BestBuy will generally have all you need, either them or circuit city. Getting things directly online through tigerdirect or newegg is cheaper than retail though. They are scattered all over here inside and outside the city.

You're not kidding. I was in BestBuy last night. The price they want for 2GB of DDR2 is obscene when compared to Newegg.

You're not kidding. I was in BestBuy last night. The price they want for 2GB of DDR2 is obscene when compared to Newegg.

People have told me that there are a lot of good small stores at 40st and in the 55th street .Is this true or is safest to buy at best buy and circuit city?

I´m from Brazil and I can´t order from newegg because I don´t have a USA adress to do the order.( It´s required to be the same of the credit card billing)