Sign in to follow this  
Wellsprop

Any FSX pilots here?

Crash effects in FSX are on a per model basis, i.e. you can define parts of the model to show when you crash, like in SF, but it won't break up. At the moment not many (any?) developers are using that option (I'm to lazy for starters). I think because it's not a combat sim so crashes/dying horribly aren't really the aim of the game!

I don't think Acceleration has any bugs, apart from Hornets obviously. I've been using it since I realised you could do proper carrier ops with it.

Can i have space shuttle and acceleration installed at the same time?

All in one. Open the game and evreything in one single game(shuttle missions and carrier ops)

BC,

Not totally sure about the shuttle missions, are they a mission or an add on? Having read your other thread Acceleration installs service packs 1 & 2 (which make the sim what it should have been at release) and add the racing and carrier ops etc. Oh and you get a Merlin* which is nice if you like boys. Anyway, without acceleration you can install service pack two which gives all the code improvements, but won't give you air racing or carrier ops (god knows I tried but it's hard coded). I haven't found any bugs, however, I basically went from FS9 to FSX with Acceleration in about 6 weeks, if you took the year or so from first release to Acceleration there are issues with things that were altered between the initial release, SP1 and SP2, mostly to do with prop textures appearing behind clouds, then not and then doing it again, which was to do with not supporting FS9 model, supporting them and then sacking the whole thing off as stupid. Basically FSX doesn't really like FS9 Aircraft, they'll work in it but they'll hurt frame rates even if there aren't any other problems, ACES at one stage (SP1) tried to accommodate them a bit more, but then gave up again (SP2).

FSX models can be a lot more detailed and have a smaller file and work faster but because of the confusion and FS9 being out for so long, a lot of people call it a bug when their FS9 models don't work properly, you know 'cos those FS5 models are still working really well.

To summarise my rant, FSX SP2/Acceleration - What FSX should have been at release, FS9 add-ons will work, but there'll be a frame rate hit. Merlin aircrew - sad losers who'll still be living with their parents at 50.

*It's a very nice aircraft but I once heard it's role being inadvertently described as middle management, and it still can't fire missiles so the Lynx is the far superior airframe.

FSX gives you a couple of extra aircraft (variations on a theme I think as opposed to completely new) and you get the software development kit (SDK) which provides full instructions on how to create extra content for FSX. Although the help file is in MS's usual unhelpful prose.

I think that's it, there may be extra missions etc. I really only got it for the SDK.

it's available as a separate expansion pack, or you can buy FSX Gold which includes both FSX Deluxe & Acceleration.

thx for all your kind responses, you buttheads, its almost like Im freakin invisible here, :boredom:

hav u gone on the FSX FAQ website cause I don't hav a clue how to make a DLL work.

thx for all your kind responses, you buttheads, its almost like Im freakin invisible here, :boredom:

Easy dude, this topic wasn't started as a tech question. You might of had a better chance of a response if you posted a new topic that was centered around your question/problem.