Sign in to follow this  
X RAY

Finally!Nvidia gtx280 extreme firepower!

Hi there!

Finally the awaited gtx280 is in my case!

This is the state of the art for nvidia TM.I've got a zotac slightly OC(by factory) 1gb video card.

In these days I went down on DSL and I've got a few time to spend on testing it...

It's a stunning video card,extreme firepower dual gpu!

First thing that I've note...or heard!is a less 2db noise!!!!It's completely silent!!!!!all maxed out!

And it got a physichs processor inside able to read all Ageia physix stuff (Like GRAW or GRAW2 or R6 vegas)

my machine is :

Intel E 8500 3,17 ghz dual core processor-with asus triton 70 air cooling

Seagate 7500 rpm 1TB HD

4 (3read by xp)gb Kingston VRam

a 600 w pfc power supply-(gtx 280 really need it,cause is dual feeded)

coolermaster elite case (perfect for this gpu-dimensions are near to a ps one consolle!)

Asus p5n-d deluxe

N280 gtx 1gb gpu

win xp sp2 OS

a LG flatron 19 lcd monitor

a week ago I've got 2 9600 gt in sli configuration with rivatuner on...now a single gpu outperform it and put every game to another level!

tests:

Woe and WOV/YAP :full modded with all special fx and hdr on (before patch) all maxed out running more than greater in all situation

WoI :goes faster and fluid with all the stock planes (little problems in parking near other aircraft or something founded only on the TMF f-4 late kurnass,early is silky!!!)hope it can be fixed!and all on unlimited

world in conflict :gained a an average 41 fps media in nasty situations such as the benchmark

CoD4 : devastating in both single and multiplayer,rocket faster!

more to come!

By now,i can only recommend it!if you're planning investing money on a top gpu...this is the right choice!!!!

Nvidia rulez!!!!!

Counterpart is ATI 4870 x2 is ok a 2gb gpu-but costs more and performances are almost the same,execpt if you turn on ATI is like putting 2 hot hairdriers in your case!It's noisy and needs a lot of Watts!

Choice is yours!

Cheers!!X

He he - nice overhaulin :yes:

I personaly prefer ATI, but NVidia is(and was) always in my son's (gameing) machine.

Huh.....GTX280.... sounds great :yes:

Edited by starfighter2

Definitely!

And i forgot Lomac!

FC full modded on very high settings finally it can be played smooth like silk,tested with su 25T shaving the buildings over Krasnodar!!!!!

Hi there!

Finally the awaited gtx280 is in my case!

This is the state of the art for nvidia TM.I've got a zotac slightly OC(by factory) 1gb video card.

In these days I went down on DSL and I've got a few time to spend on testing it...

It's a stunning video card,extreme firepower dual gpu!

First thing that I've note...or heard!is a less 2db noise!!!!It's completely silent!!!!!all maxed out!

And it got a physichs processor inside able to read all Ageia physix stuff (Like GRAW or GRAW2 or R6 vegas)

my machine is :

Intel E 8500 3,17 ghz dual core processor-with asus triton 70 air cooling

Seagate 7500 rpm 1TB HD

4 (3read by xp)gb Kingston VRam

a 600 w pfc power supply-(gtx 280 really need it,cause is dual feeded)

coolermaster elite case (perfect for this gpu-dimensions are near to a ps one consolle!)

Asus p5n-d deluxe

N280 gtx 1gb gpu

win xp sp2 OS

a LG flatron 19 lcd monitor

a week ago I've got 2 9600 gt in sli configuration with rivatuner on...now a single gpu outperform it and put every game to another level!

tests:

Woe and WOV/YAP :full modded with all special fx and hdr on (before patch) all maxed out running more than greater in all situation

WoI :goes faster and fluid with all the stock planes (little problems in parking near other aircraft or something founded only on the TMF f-4 late kurnass,early is silky!!!)hope it can be fixed!and all on unlimited

world in conflict :gained a an average 41 fps media in nasty situations such as the benchmark

CoD4 : devastating in both single and multiplayer,rocket faster!

more to come!

By now,i can only recommend it!if you're planning investing money on a top gpu...this is the right choice!!!!

Nvidia rulez!!!!!

Counterpart is ATI 4870 x2 is ok a 2gb gpu-but costs more and performances are almost the same,execpt if you turn on ATI is like putting 2 hot hairdriers in your case!It's noisy and needs a lot of Watts!

Choice is yours!

Cheers!!X

Hello X_Ray, I've got a very similar system to yours with the same card .. (I've got 2 of them running sli in XP) what frames do you get in WOV, WOE with the september patch? I've got all options maxxed out running 1600x1200; and get 12-25 fps in full cockpit mode. Is this a bit low?

Hello X_Ray, I've got a very similar system to yours with the same card .. (I've got 2 of them running sli in XP) what frames do you get in WOV, WOE with the september patch? I've got all options maxxed out running 1600x1200; and get 12-25 fps in full cockpit mode. Is this a bit low?

i hope you have a biggest monitor to have 2 gtx 280 in Sli!

for a 19 lcd and max rez at 1280-1024 one is perfect the eventual second,will sleep unusued!

A sli is the way to got with 20-22 and above monitors and very higher rez using dx-10!

At your rez I think you have a 22!

I didin't patched mine,cause instead of WoV i've got YAP-it don't want the patch!

And for WoE i'll wait DS mod to go,but on multiple install!

It's normal go to a fps drop after that,at least I can play now a decent unlimited WoI!

I'm one of the few sticky to previous patch when It was a pleasure flying!

Or...I don't need all the features...Lomac is the way if you want something better or Falcon 4 AF if you want stick to real!

i hope you have a biggest monitor to have 2 gtx 280 in Sli!

for a 19 lcd and max rez at 1280-1024 one is perfect the eventual second,will sleep unusued!

A sli is the way to got with 20-22 and above monitors and very higher rez using dx-10!

At your rez I think you have a 22!

I didin't patched mine,cause instead of WoV i've got YAP-it don't want the patch!

And for WoE i'll wait DS mod to go,but on multiple install!

It's normal go to a fps drop after that,at least I can play now a decent unlimited WoI!

I'm one of the few sticky to previous patch when It was a pleasure flying!

Or...I don't need all the features...Lomac is the way if you want something better or Falcon 4 AF if you want stick to real!

It's a Viewsonic 19" CRT (I've yet to see an LCD that even comes close to the color depth or clarity; so I'm not switching to LCD monitor). On the pre september WOV, WOE versions I too am getting phenomenal fps (70-200) but WOI and the others are still not as high as I would have hoped.

FS9 is also phenomenal (even better believe it or not..) can't wait to re-install FSX; and I am considering a vista upgrade .. see what all this directx 10 thing is all about ..

Thanks for the reply

It's a Viewsonic 19" CRT (I've yet to see an LCD that even comes close to the color depth or clarity; so I'm not switching to LCD monitor). On the pre september WOV, WOE versions I too am getting phenomenal fps (70-200) but WOI and the others are still not as high as I would have hoped.

FS9 is also phenomenal (even better believe it or not..) can't wait to re-install FSX; and I am considering a vista upgrade .. see what all this directx 10 thing is all about ..

Thanks for the reply

Yes,maybe I've switch to Vista too someday!

but have you got a 3sli mobo? cause it's hard to fit 2 280 in a normal 2sli!

I remember switching to TW series cause Lomac was hard to play at hi-rez....now it seems the opposite!

Yes,maybe I've switch to Vista too someday!

but have you got a 3sli mobo? cause it's hard to fit 2 280 in a normal 2sli!

I remember switching to TW series cause Lomac was hard to play at hi-rez....now it seems the opposite!

Asus Gamers II extreme 3-way sli mobo.. I'm actually planning on 3rd GTX card once i see that everything's stable on Vista. Had to change to a 1000 watt power supply too! (which may or may not be enough for all 3)

Asus Gamers II extreme 3-way sli mobo.. I'm actually planning on 3rd GTX card once i see that everything's stable on Vista. Had to change to a 1000 watt power supply too! (which may or may not be enough for all 3)

For me one is perfect,on my configuration!

but in your config go to a 32 tv or more with 3 gtx!!!!