Sign in to follow this  
creature

Wings Over Vietnam Service Pack v05.15.06

Wings Over Vietnam Service Pack v05.15.06

View File

The Latest Sept 08 patch has a few glitches for multiplayer, so we that hang out in Hyper lobby are using the previous 8.30.06 patch. but you need to patch 5.15.06a first then the 8.30.06 patch. We also have to use Hamachi as a work around to get online. here is the link. https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en

Hey creature, if you have the 08-30-06 patch then the other patch is redundant.

Hey creature, if you have the 08-30-06 patch then the other patch is redundant.

Hi Dave:

This was for multiplayers who have already installed the Sept 08 patch, and want to roll back there version to 8.30.06. The only way to do that, if I am correct, is to reinstall WOV than patch 5.15.06 than the 8.30.06 patch. As far as I know the 5.15.06 patch is required.

The 5.15.06 is not on Third Wire anymore. That is why I posted them here. Still Haven't given up on this Multiplayer thing yet:)

Creature

Hi Dave:

This was for multiplayers who have already installed the Sept 08 patch, and want to roll back there version to 8.30.06. The only way to do that, if I am correct, is to reinstall WOV than patch 5.15.06 than the 8.30.06 patch. As far as I know the 5.15.06 patch is required.

The 5.15.06 is not on Third Wire anymore. That is why I posted them here. Still Haven't given up on this Multiplayer thing yet:)

Creature

The 8.30.06 has all the 5.15.06 stuff, all you need to do is install and add the 8.30.06 and you are set.

The 8.30.06 has all the 5.15.06 stuff, all you need to do is install and add the 8.30.06 and you are set.

Dave:

I'm looking into that now, but just to be clear the WOV_sp051506a.exe is not required when installing the 8.30.06 patch? Maybe I should have been more clear on my post. If I have to amend it let me know how to do that.

thanks

creature

v08.30.06 contains all previous patches ... believe me... :ph34r:

Dave, I have to disagree with you. For multiplay we are going back to the old 8.30.06 standard. To do that you FIRST need to install

Service Pack v05.15.06 (43.1 MB) followed by Patch v08.30.06 (5.91 MB) on a clean install. As you can see, there is no way 8.30.06 contains everything in the service pack since it's just 1/8th the size. TK had both of these files posted at his site till he released the Sept08 patch. The 8.30.06 patch is posted at CombatAce, the 5.15.06 Service Pack was not. Would be nice to see both posted and labeled correctly since creature's posting is a bit confusing in that he's referencing 8.30.06 here when in reality he's providing the 5.15.06 Service pack.

My bad Doghouse I thought you we talking WOE.

ahh.. right.. Service Pack v05.15.06 .. that is the service pack which contains all previous patch versions... and is followed by the smaller v.08.30.06 patch.

:ph34r:

eidt..

and we are talking SFP1 here.... that should have been in the headline ...

Edited by Crusader

This patch creature posted is the service pack for Wings Over Vietnam, Service Pack v05.15.06 (43.1 MB). He and I are refering to that sim and not any other.

Dave, how bout you pull these posts and clean them up for us? There's already to much confusion here.

This patch creature posted is the service pack for Wings Over Vietnam, Service Pack v05.15.06 (43.1 MB). He and I are refering to that sim and not any other.

Dave, how bout you pull these posts and clean them up for us? There's already to much confusion here.

Crusader you ding dong:))

Dave I'll be happy to edit my post and put WOV in the title if there is a way to do it:)

creature

Guest 531_Ghost

Done :wink:

I'm so confused..... :lol:

Thanks for renaming the title:) I think that will clear alot of things up. I will be more careful next time.

Creature