Sign in to follow this  
Planejunky

RAF Germany Phantoms?

Hi,

As an ex Wattisham man, I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to do some repaints for the MF Phantom FGR.2 please? It would be great to have 19, 92 as well as 56 squadrons represented in standard Barley grey schemes in WoE. I'm not too worried about 74, as they've already been covered by an F-4J (UK) release and as a member of the 74 (F) Sqn Association, I fly this regularly! :biggrin: It would be nice to have 74's sister squadron represented in it's later days.

If someone would be willing (as I wouldn't know where to start! :dntknw: ) it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Justyn :good:

Without looking, I'm almost certain Sundowner has already done them.

http://www.column5.us/aircraft2.shtml

I haven't tried this myself but download the above and open up the '56' folder and then rename the bitmaps should work.

To clarify, you are downloading this to rob it of the '56' folder which you then plop into your Mirage Factory FGRMk2 folder and then need to rename the bitmaps from F-4J_1 to F-4M_1 etc, etc.

Edited by Spinners

FGR256.jpg

Phantom FGR.2 of No.56 squadron formates with a No.111 squadron machine.

It's only slightly more complicated than that. You also have to get the decals to show up so just need to alter the file path

Example;

[Decal003]

MeshName=wing_left_outer

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=TOP

FilenameFormat=FGRMk2\56\Roundel

Position=-4.900,-1.65

Rotation=40.0

Scale=0.5

DecalMaxLOD=4

[Decal004]

MeshName=wing_right_outer

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=BOTTOM

FilenameFormat=FGRMk2\56\Roundel

Position=4.900,-1.65

Rotation=40.0

Scale=0.5

DecalMaxLOD=4

These ??

RAFGF-4s.jpg

Yes they're the ones Mr Sundowner!! Those grey RAFG jets are just what I'm after, as is that shifty fix jet! :yes: :clapping:

Thanks for the help Spinners, used you instructions and got those working nicely. I've never delt with the decal side of things before, so I've learned a lot this evening thank you. :good:

No problem Planejunky. When I was an aviation mad teenager in the 1970's the FGR.2 was my favourite Phantom with it's Rolls Royce Spey engines and superb camo and markings and I was completely blind to the fact that we had the biggest, heaviest, slowest and most expensive Phantoms in the world! Apparently we could have bought 5 x F-4D's for the price of 2 X F-4M's :blink: . I still love it though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sundowner - I notice the small triangular windows on the canopies in your pictures are even smaller than normal. What 3D model is that?

No problem Planejunky. When I was an aviation mad teenager in the 1970's the FGR.2 was my favourite Phantom with it's Rolls Royce Spey engines and superb camo and markings and I was completely blind to the fact that we had the biggest, heaviest, slowest and most expensive Phantoms in the world! Apparently we could have bought 5 x F-4D's for the price of 2 X F-4M's :blink: . I still love it though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sundowner - I notice the small triangular windows on the canopies in your pictures are even smaller than normal. What 3D model is that?

Yes the F-4J (UK) really showed the FGR.2 for what it was, though it was little more sluggish on takeoff than the Brit jets. Shame 74 had to trade them in for FGR.2's, but it was logical move given the spare airframes available upon the arrival of the Tornado F.3.

The Spey's initial power was great for FG.1's needing to get off the deck of Ark Royal, as she was of course much smaller than the USN carriers. We Brits have a long tradition of taking a perfectly good aircraft and screwing it up completely, the Lockheed P-38 also springs to mind! :blink:

So Mr Sundowner, where can I get those nice skins from? :wink: I couldn't find them in the downloads section here.

Edited by Planejunky