Sign in to follow this  
Spiff

Pulling The Trigger. . . Nothing!

Hello Everyone,

I'm running a clean install of WOV patched Sep 08. I took the .ini data for the 27mm_bk27 and added it to the gun data from the MF wep pack. I'm going to rename some 20 mm effects and then add them to the bullet data since I can't find them in the weps packs. Will this give me working cannons on the tornado or is it a little more involved. Thanks.

Spiff

Why not just add the BK27 as you're supposed to do???

The gun editor works just fine post 8/08 patch. Just make sure you're runnng it in Win95 compatibility mode.

btw, you mentioned the TMF weapons pak...you know that's for WoI ONLY right??? It's not reccomeneded for use in WoE/WoV. There is a WoE version in the works, and it'lll arrive in "2 1/2 weeks", so I been told...

In case you don't have it, here's the correct data to add for BK-27

[GunData***]

TypeName=27MM_BK27

FullName=27mm Mauser BK27

Caliber=27.000000

ROF=1800.000000

MuzzleVel=1025.000000

AmmoWt=0.180000

WarheadWt=0.018000

Reliability=100.000000

Accuracy=75.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=1200.000000

FireColor=0.500000,0.450000,0.320000

GunFireEffect=23mmFireEffect

GunFireSound=Vulcan

EffectClassName=23mmEffects

EffectTime=0.100000

TracerTexture=Tracer.tga

TracerSize=0.150000

TracerDistFactor=0.002000

TracerLength=0.015000

MaxVisibleDist=4000.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=1000.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

The gun editor works the same as the weapons editor. Just don't be alarmed if the screen look gray (background kinda grays out)

If you don't know how to use the weapons editor, there's a really nice tutorial in the Knowledge Base

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=9323

Operations are basically the same, with the exception you'll be opening the "gundata.ini", which should placed in your /Objects folder

Wrench

kevin stein

Wrench,

As soon as you said objects folder . . . moved the gun data and presto, I had guns. Of course there isn't much of a gunsight on the Tornado so I'll see how useful they are. In regards to the weps pack, I think it's the MF Jan 08 one and I've dropped in various missiles (both AA and AG) and all worked except a laser-guided MAV.

I'm trying to fix little things on the GR1 now, attitude indicator and mirrors, minor glitches to say the least.

Thanks, Spiff