Sign in to follow this  
Timmy

J-32 Lansen Questions

Guys

I'm about two weeks :biggrin: away from having the Lansen model complete but I have a few questions.

I'm planning on making an A and a B model. There are modest changes between the two types structurally. I'm currently working on the J-32A bomber model but am having problems finding some detail on the engine section. I've got plenty of pics of the E with it's funky afterburner can - but what did the tail pipe of the A look like? Or the B for that matter.

Am I thinking too much about it? (Stigler need not reply) Would everyone be happy with a generic J-32 or are you interested in a seperate B with the cannon shell deflecting fins and different tailpipe shroud from the A, C and E?

Anywho - any help and or input would be greatly appreciated.

TD

Edited by Timmy

Hey Timmy, if you have not seen this...about 65% down this page, super detailed J-32 pylon and loadout options.

~> http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/text/32lansen.htm

I would forget the E. The sim is so lite on EW simulation...well, we can use an A, unless you have the time.

You need help with FM?

Thanks Lexx, PM inbound.

The real questions I have are the rear of the fuselage - some have a shroud that goes from the camo demarcation to the base of the tail - and some don't. I don't have enough reference material to figure out which version is which. I'm thinking that's the A and the B has no shroud. Verification would be appreciated.

I had never heard of this beast before this thread, but in researching, it looks like Wrench, the has;

lansen_hangar.jpg

He seems to have made a loading screen for it already, some time ago.

Best of luck...

Yeah its a really smooth plane with great utility. As for the looks, I like to think a cross between F-80 and Hunter.

I've got a great walkaround of a B. The thing is - the more I research, the more confused I get as to what I'm looking at. Some of the information out there is inconsistent. Welcome to the WWW...

I had never heard of this beast before this thread, but in researching, it looks like Wrench, the has;

lansen_hangar.jpg

He seems to have made a loading screen for it already, some time ago.

Best of luck...

Hi there ,

here's a some good links about the J-32 Lansen ... (most in english, otherwize I can translate for you ...)

http://www.canit.se/~griffon/aviation/text/32lansen.htm

http://www.avrosys.nu/aircraft/Jakt/119J32.htm

//Knug

This is what the burnercan looks like now. It's the can from the B as that's what my drawings show.

J-32burner.jpg

However, I've seen lots of pics that show a different can. Look at the can on this pic that is listed as an A.

J32B_GulPetter_F14.jpg

So is this one...

35%20SAAB%20A32%20Lansen%20N5468X%20left%20rear%20l.jpg

Here is what I have so far.

J-32side.jpg

Edited by Timmy

Hey woah that does look pretty good. Nice can you got there Timmy.

Lexx - You've got mail!

Edited by Timmy