Sign in to follow this  
WDH

New Weapon GBU-39A/B

GBU-39A/B is designed,light weight (250lbs),tobe a laser guided precision weapon that can on a delayed/retarded or on impact.Can Come in a pack of 4 per pylon.Can be fired 40 miles away and have an accurate but,a whole lot smaller collateral damage area.Saving pilot and aircraft materially as well as peace of mind.Because,we known that alot of known enemies likes to hide out in populated areas where we're likely to pass over due to civilians being there.Not anymore!

GBU-39A/B is an equallizer and is cheaper and alot more accurate than Tomahawks and weapons alike.That's the Pro's!The downside is it's still laser-guided and depends on the weather and of course,human error.So,as of it being cheaper?Still got to put pilots in the air in which there's operation cost and there isn't a value on human life.

This would be a nice addon weapon for all NATO and USA but,really a "cheat" weapon for our beloved TK series.Unless you like flying Wild Weasel/Iron Hand or those hard to kill type missions on the hard level like I do,Than I'm all for it! :biggrin:

We already got them. FC made an updated version of the SDBs.

Also, the GBU-39 is guided by GPS/INS, not laser.

Got my info from watching from watching Discovery and also looked up on internet.And the GBU-39B is laser guided straight from the testers of the weapon SBD.

Edited by WDH

Nope, it isn't:

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/missiles/sdb/index.html

The SDB System comprises the following components: the weapon itself, a four-weapon carriage, a precision inertial navigation system/global positioning system, a mission-planning system, and a logistics-support system.

Weapon

GBU-39/B: multipurpose, insensitive, penetrating, blast-fragmentation warhead for stationary targets; equipped with deployable wings for extended standoff range

Dimensions: (L x W): 70.8" x 7.5" (1.8 m x 19 cm)

Weight: 285 pounds (130 kg)

Warhead penetration: 3 feet of steel reinforced concrete

Fuse: electronic safe/arm fuze (ESAF) cockpit selectable functions, including air burst and delayed options

Standoff maximum range: more than 60 nautical miles

BRU-61/A "smart" pneumatic carriage

Payload capacity: four weapons

Weight: 320 pounds (145 kg) empty, 1,460 pounds (664 kg) loaded

Dimensions (L x W x H): 143" x 16" x 16" (3.6 m x 40.6 cm x 40.6 cm)

Fits nearly all delivery platforms, including internal/external carriages in the F-22A, F-35, Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) and B-1 and B-2 bombers

Guidance

Precision inertial navigation system/global positioning system (INS/GPS)

Anti-jam GPS and selective-ability anti-spoofing module (SAASM)

Now, Boeing/Lockheed Martin and Raytheon are in competition for SDB II, which does add a laser terminal guidance seeker to the SDB (and changes the shape)...but that winner is not expected to be selected until late 2009.

http://www.boeing.com/defense-space/missil...II_overview.pdf

In fact, GBU-39s are not that great against mobile targets...their primary method of bombing is a coordinate, not a moving vehicle.

FastCargo

Ok,I quit..........for now

Ok,I quit..........for now

Hey man I have a problem with the weapons I put the weapondata.ini file with the number of your

order and the files but not appear in the game any can help me please. :blink::dntknw::biggrin::good:

NOTE: I have the Strike Figthers Flight Simulator