Sign in to follow this  
Arrow

Has Widescreen support been added to F4AF?

My main computer is only connected to a HDTV. That was a problem with F4AF becuse the 2D cockpit would be framed with black vertical bars. The 3D cockpit would fill my screen, but that was a no go on my older style Tube HDTV as I couldn't read the radar and some of the MPD's. FS2004, WoV, WoE and IL2FB are all playable on it, but the icons in the F4 3d cockpit are just too small.

Has widescreen support finally been added for the 2d cockpit?

My main computer is only connected to a HDTV. That was a problem with F4AF becuse the 2D cockpit would be framed with black vertical bars. The 3D cockpit would fill my screen, but that was a no go on my older style Tube HDTV as I couldn't read the radar and some of the MPD's. FS2004, WoV, WoE and IL2FB are all playable on it, but the icons in the F4 3d cockpit are just too small.

Has widescreen support finally been added for the 2d cockpit?

You need aeyes cockpits! www.cockpits.nl

blue sky and happy hunting

You need aeyes cockpits! www.cockpits.nl

blue sky and happy hunting

I think I checked out their widescreen cockpits in the past and they wouldn't work due to my non-standard setup. As I mentioned before my HDTV is an older variety and it doesn't support native PC resolutions or have a DVI or VGA input. That means I have to connect through DVI-HDMI conversion and run an under scan compensated 720p resolution of 1136x664. It works fine in FS2004, WoV and WoE since they support any resolution your PC can be configured for and IL2FB can do the same through INI edits.

falcon 4.0 AF patch 1.0.13 adds widescreen graphics options :biggrin:

Then why are my cockpits not in widescreen?

The stock cockpits themselves aren't WS. The ENGINE supports it, but the artwork wasn't redone. As mentioned, you need Aeyes or some other 3rd party pit for that.